• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Kitties tail got caught in door and threw her into a cared frenzy with harness on. Is arnica appropriate?

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

I had my cat on a harness and we were about to go outside when i accidentally shut the door on her tail. She was hurt and scared. I went to squat down to talk gently to her when I accidentally hit a bag that made noise and scared her to run into the apartment and under the bed. I still had the leash and harness on her and couldn’t let go of the leash handle because it would chase her and scare her even more. I saw she was making a run for the catio window which means I can’t reach her once she’s out on the bridge and I held on to the leash and she freaked out because she was restricted from being able to jump up and out the patio and everything got worse. I had to pull her down with the harness which petrified her, scratched my hand but I managed to get the leash off of her. She ran into the laundry room and is hiding behind the water tanks. I feel so bad because she looked at me like how could I hurt her. I tried really hard to speak softly to her and apologize and offer her treats. I also have offered her stress stopper in a churu treat , but she will not come out. I think I hurt her tail, but I don’t think I did bad damage. I have to assess. I want to give her Arnica. Would this be an appropriate homeopathic medicine for this kind of situation?

I feel so badly. Obviously, she’s feeling stressed out and scared and doesn’t trust me. And she’s also in pain.

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Sara @dr

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear about your kitty's reaction to this situation.

It sounds like she may be more freaked out than physically hurt.
I have to assess. I want to give her Arnica. Would this be an appropriate homeopathic medicine for this kind of situation?
Yes. Also consider Aconite (for the fear).

Oh!! Aconite!! I gave her arnica an hour ago. When can I give her aconite? I left 5 drops of stress stopper in the laundry room where she’s hiding in hopes it helps her. Is it okay to give aconite after arnica and stress stopper? I hope she will trust the harness again. 🥲 thank you, @Dr. Jeff

Back
Top Bottom