• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Is this nesting behavior with an OSS dog at the end of cycle

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Blossom is at the tail end of her last cycle--tbe progesterone phase ending as I understand it. She started the last days of May. So the past couple weeks i have found her turning over her bed and then going under it. So when i see her, I see the bed moving and no dog--funny and cute but I worry how can she breathe? If there is a fleece nap pad on her bed she may go under that. Some of her beds are thick pads that I double up for her comfort and she will turn over one and go in between like a sandwich. Today I saw her in a room she never explores that I store things in. She laid down amongst the storage stuff and faced the wall. Her behavior scares me especially when i get up in the morning and see her under her bed. What is this? I think when she had her last season she had a drop of milk coming from her and when i asked the reproductive vet he said it was nesting behavior and i should stop her---i think i recall he mentioned false pregnancy... I do not see any milk this time. What is going on/

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How cute! Maybe you can get a picture.
Her behavior scares me especially when i get up in the morning and see her under her bed. What is this?
No worries Lil. She won’t suffocate.

Yes, the behavior may be related to her cycle.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
remember that each dog is a unique individual and each season may be different.
Just keep noting the changes, but no need to worry.
Dr. Christina

LilF

Community Member
Registered
How cute! Maybe you can get a picture.

No worries Lil. She won’t suffocate.

Yes, the behavior may be related to her cycle.
oh that is a relief...when i wake up and don't see her I actually run over and make sure she is still breathing. The moving of the bed and no dog in sight is hilarious, like a cartoon. I guess I would have to take a video.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom