• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

I'm wondering what the holistic consensus is on Cytopoint Injections?

JonahH

Registered
Allergies are real bad here in north Florida right now. My dog is chewing her paws and one of them is breaking out in a fungal infection. We are working homeopathically to address the underlying causes. In the meantime I'm considering a cytopoint injection to help calm the inflammation and stress. She had one earlier this year in April and it worked amazingly with seemingly no downsides for almost 12 weeks.

I'm wondering for an older dog, 9 years old, with some fatty tumors and Cushing's disease, if a cytopoint shot is a "must avoid"?

Thanks for any help in advance!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Well, I wouldn't do it....Whatever the homeopath is advising works on her entire system - to correct the balance that allows the paw symptoms to express. If you suppress this guidance, you suppress systemic healing. Skin symptoms, of all kinds, are relatively superficial signs of systemic disarray; they LOOK horrible but are actually curative - a safety valve - and the first line of defense against deeper and more vital organic symptoms. It's difficult to sit and watch the process, but suppressing ANY symptoms is not a cure.
I'm sure you have already done so, but searching for benign ways to relieve pain and irritation will be the most helpful course. In the meantime the deep systematic treatment of homeopathy will gradually - maybe surprisingly quickly, even - give her what she needs.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jonah!!

I'm sorry to hear about your pup's paw chewing. Is her BEAM also low (less than an 8/10)?
I'm wondering for an older dog, 9 years old, with some fatty tumors and Cushing's disease, if a cytopoint shot is a "must avoid"?
No. IMHO, like Ginny wrote, it's a should avoid due to symptom manipulation.

Did she visibly respond, in any way, to the last homeopathic remedy?

However, if your pup seems super unhappy (reflected by a low BEAM) then this is worth considering tho I would first discuss this with your vet homeopath.

Perhaps also start right away with other energy balancing techniques like lots of extra loving eye contact and petting, sniff walks, snuffle mats, healing intention, visualization, wild blueberry-organic kale smoothies and even tools like:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom