• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

"Holistic Flea and Tick Collar"

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi - has anyone heard/used these collars? Your thoughts? @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff

Ingredients: Calendula, Cayenne, Cinnamon, White Pine, Aloe, Vitamin E, Graphite's, Berberis, Echinacea, Golden Seal, Ginseng and Astralagus.

• Strengthens the Immune System

• Absolutely Non-Toxic

• 100% Natural Protection

• Long Lasting – for up to (3) Months

• Odor Free and Waterproof

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Cool products! Definitely worth a try (tho you may want to get more info before using some of their sprays or bracelet which contain Arnica and Silica)

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
In my experience flea collars are not very helpful. Fleas particularly congregate at the tail base and groin--the areas furthest away from the collar.

I would be especially concerned about the strong herbs in this one. "Odor-free"? Maybe to us with our clunky noses, but putting a collar full of pepper and cinnamon right under a dog's incredibly sensitive sniffer seems kinda rude to me. It feels like someone like gluing headphones on your ears and turning the volume up to 11. :oops: The poor dog can never get away from it. (Not to mention that pine and cinnamon oils are toxic to cats!)

Caution: I tend to be very skeptical and kinda grumpy about this sort of thing--so take my 2 cents with however much salt is needed!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I agree with Dr. Jean - collars are rarely effective.

More importantly, why are you interested in flea collars? Healthy dogs and cats just do not get fleas. HA! has a lot of great flea resources. Have you tried all of them, so were looking for something else?

Let us know more.

Have you read the fleas be gone book? While it does not include some of the newer products - FleaDestroyer.com (see the webinar on that for the yard), tickless.com (ultrasound for fleas and ticks), it will still give you plenty of good ideas without looking on the internet for other products.

Dr. Christina

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
why are you interested in flea collars?
Thanks, Dr. Christina - these collars came recommended by someone in my network so I looked into them. I have a senior pup and recently got fleas...we just had our individualized appointment with Dr. Jeff today :)

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
do you have any ideas of where the fleas came from?
My senior cat got fleas for the first time when he was 13 and was covered. I think he went into a den. 2 weeks of flea combing and all were gone for good.

Be great to see if the fleas left after general health improved for your pup.

Dr. Christina

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
do you have any ideas of where the fleas came from?
My senior cat got fleas for the first time when he was 13 and was covered. I think he went into a den. 2 weeks of flea combing and all were gone for good.

Be great to see if the fleas left after general health improved for your pup.

Dr. Christina
COVERED?! oh boy...I think she got fleas from a park that we visited almost a month ago. Did you bathe your cat each time you find fleas on him/her?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
No shampoo. When first discovered - took outside and with lots of treats spent about 30 mins flea combing. Then flea combed 2-3 times per day and in a week all gone - 1 more week and only saw one or two that week.

If this is a park you visit frequently, think about buying flea destroyer and instilling beneficial nematodes into the park!

Dr. Christina

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
No shampoo. When first discovered - took outside and with lots of treats spent about 30 mins flea combing. Then flea combed 2-3 times per day and in a week all gone - 1 more week and only saw one or two that week.

If this is a park you visit frequently, think about buying flea destroyer and instilling beneficial nematodes into the park!

Dr. Christina
I think the toughest part of getting rid of fleas in the house is all the washing and vacuuming!

Oh Dr. Christine - it's a HUGE park....

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I had no fleas in the house.
PUt out a flea trap for 1 week and got none.

for the park - it does only work if no pesticides are used. The nematodes will spread well on there own. They have lived for millennia - and will gratefully come back. Talk with the fleadestroyer.com people on what it would take.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom