• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Feral Cat with Injured eye

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Two neighbors and I are assisting one of our feral cats with an injured eye. We’re uncertain if it resulted from a fight or another cause. Could it be a disease? My neighbors said they noticed it has been injured for a while, but it got worse a few days ago. We cannot touch him so we cannot put anything in his eye. We can only put things in his food.

I have a homeopathic medicine called Clear Vision by Hawaii Pharm, which I believe could be beneficial. I’ve attached a photo describing its usage. We started that today.

Additionally, we’re administering Rescue Remedy to him.

I have a small amount of leftover antibiotic from my cat’s past surgery, possibly enough for one dose. I’ve included a photo of this medication.

Considering giving him this one dose of antibiotic, do you have any other suggestions for how we can aid him?

Thank you so much!

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Jean Hofve

IMG_3737.jpeg

IMG_3735.jpeg

IMG_3731.jpeg

IMG_3768.jpeg

IMG_3772.jpeg

IMG_3771.jpeg

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
His eye got progressively worse from yesterday. I sent you an updated photo so you can compare to today’s from yesterday. We gave him one dose of antibiotic this morning. I only have maybe half dose left. I emailed my my local vet to see if she would prescribe some antibiotic. If not, do you have any suggestions? I’m going to continue giving him clear vision from Hawaii pharm. Maybe there’s some homeopathic medicine that you can recommend?

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff

IMG_2152.jpeg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Better not to use antibiotics that are old, and one or two doses do not help.

I am not familiar with the chinese herbs in the clear vision, so I am not sure how much they would help this current issue, which seems to be an inflammation, which if the BEAM is good can indicate healing.

Remember there are no "right" answers". Try something, then record the difference, not merely in the eye. We talk about this in most webinars, so be sure to listen to as many as you can, especially about cats (and get Anitra Frazier's book in addition to listening to her).

How is he overall? Eating, Active? his BEAM?

He looks fairly alert.

Since it just got worse (good as a possible choice for any early infection) would be homeopathic Aconite. Try a dose twice a day for 2 days. Put 2 pellets in 1/2C water, the pour a teaspoon of the water on a little bit of his favorite food. @Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Jean Hofve will also have more suggestions.

Can you feed him some raw meat for at least a few days?

BE great to check out the homeopathy section in the resources library since you may often have a problem when you are an angel to feral cats. Also, a stray with injured paw is on the forum right now so you may want to connect with her and the two of you share experiences and learn together.

Dr. Christina

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Christina,

I am not his main caretaker. I’m helping with the knowledge I have and gather from you all and I supply the homeopathic medicine etc but Peyton (the girl who sees him the most & feeds him) says he’s acting normal and he’s eating. She gave him one dose of the antibiotic. I will tell her not to give him the second one. It is not expired, btw.

I’m glad you responded promptly because soon I’m going to head to the store to buy the other homeopathic remedy you suggested for the other cat with the punctured paw. I will get the aconite. Hopefully, @Dr. Jean Hofve and @Dr. Jeff Chime in before I leave in case they have any more suggestions.

I have some raw food but can this make him sick since he eats all processed? He likes baby food a lot so I can put it in that? I can definitely give Peyton some of my raw food to give him. Hope he likes it.

And yes, thank you for all the resources. I also have Anitra’s book.

We will monitor the progress.

Thank you so much.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Anna!

I'm sorry about this kitty's eye. :(
Could it be a disease?
Yes! A Herpes virus conjunctivitis can "cause" an eye to look like this.

Can you get close enough to hot compress his eye or use lubricating eye drops?

BTW-I love the Hawaii Pharm products! But most (all?) of them, like this one, are not homeopathic:

This Clear Vision extract is made from the Certified Organic or Wild Harvested Dried American Ginseng (Panax Quinquefolius) Root, Goji (Lycium Barbarum) Berry, Fang Feng (Saposhnikovia Divaricata) Root, Rehmannia (Rehmania Glutinosa) Root.

Why do you think the distinction matters?

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff,

I am happy to hear as I love this brand also. We definitely cannot approach him this way to do anything to his eye physically.

I was just wondering if disease was the root cause if it would need a different healing remedy.

Can I give him both the Hawaii Pharm and the homeopathic remedy Dr. Christina gave? If so,can they be given at the same time or do they have to be given at different times of the day?

Thank you!

Anna

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Can I give him both the Hawaii Pharm and the homeopathic remedy
Yes!
can they be given at the same time or do they have to be given at different times of the day?
Try giving the Hawaii Pharm at least 1 hour prior to the Aconite.

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
It’s not easy to control when Ferals will stick around and for how long. Is it okay if both the Hawaii Pharm and Anticote are given at the same time?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom