• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

EMF strategies

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
This topic came up briefly in last night's webinar, so I thought I'd post this for the general good. From Mercola's site, but as far as I can see, well-discussed in many places:

Helpful Strategies to Reduce Your EMF Exposure​

Here are several other suggestions that will also help reduce your EMF exposure:

Connect your desktop computer to the internet via a wired Ethernet connection and be sure to put your desktop in airplane mode. Also avoid wireless keyboards, trackballs, mice, game systems, printers and portable house phones and opt for wired versions.
If you must use Wi-Fi, shut it off when not in use, especially at night when you are sleeping. Ideally, work toward hardwiring your house so you can eliminate Wi-Fi altogether. If you have a notebook without any Ethernet ports, a USB Ethernet adapter will allow you to connect to the internet with a wired connection.
Shut off the electricity to your bedroom at night. This typically works to reduce electrical fields from the wires in your wall unless there is an adjoining room next to your bedroom. If that is the case, use an EMF meter to determine if you also need to power down the adjacent room.
Use a battery-powered alarm clock, ideally one without any light. I use a talking clock for the visually impaired.28
If you still use a microwave oven, consider replacing it with a steam convection oven, which will heat your food as quickly and far more safely.
Avoid using "smart" appliances and thermostats that depend on wireless signaling. This would include all new "smart" TVs. They are called smart because they emit a Wi-Fi signal, and unlike your computer, you cannot shut the Wi-Fi signal off. Consider using a large computer monitor as your TV instead, as they don't emit Wi-Fi.
Refuse smart meters as long as you can, or add a shield to an existing smart meter, some of which have been shown to reduce radiation by 98% to 99%.29
Consider moving your baby's bed into your bedroom instead of using a wireless baby monitor. Alternatively, use a hard-wired monitor.
Replace CFL bulbs with incandescent bulbs. Ideally remove all fluorescent lights from your house. Not only do they emit unhealthy light, but more importantly, they will actually transfer current to your body just being close to the bulbs.
Avoid carrying your cellphone on your body unless in airplane mode and never sleep with it in your bedroom unless it is in airplane mode. Even in airplane mode it can emit signals, which is why I put my phone in a Faraday bag.30
When using your cellphone, use the speaker phone and hold the phone at least 3 feet away from you. Seek to radically decrease your time on the cellphone. I typically use my cellphone less than 30 minutes a month, and mostly when traveling. Instead, use VoIP software phones that you can use while connected to the internet via a wired connection.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for posting this Ginny!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Well, I don't use a microwave - I do have a convection oven - and my computer is on an Ethernet tether. I have not yet converted my TV service to WiFi - using satellite, and a hard-wired Tivo. I intend to hard-wire the not-so-smart TV to Ethernet soon. My heat is by an old-fashioned boiler with no electronics at all. I sleep behind closed doors, with a PEMF generator running all night. My local net guru says - and proved with a meter - that my WiFi router produces next to no EMF unless it is actually broadcasting. I keep it in a Faraday cage anyway, along with the one on the electric meter. My cooktop is propane-fired, not electric. My cell phone is busted at the moment, but I only use it in exigent circumstances, do not carry it, and there are no reported 5G towers nearby in any case. I take baking soda and dissolved hydrogen to combat peroxynitrites. I have a few CFLs - haven't figured out how to replace them. The only fluorescents are 20' off the ground in the hangar - again, a solution has not become apparent. We have buried utilities; no poles or transformers.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
It's really hard for our household to follow Dr. Mercola's recommendations. Instead (hopefully it's good enough), we have elite raw shungites throughout our home, dirty electricity filters in most electrical outlets and EMR stickers (recommended by Dr. Katie Kangas) on our cell phones and tablets and on our dog's collar.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom