• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Earth Animal Flea Products

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

My indoor/outdoor cat Junior is bringing in about 4-5 fleas when he comes home. I flea comb him while feeding him a Churu treat, but he’s getting tired of these treats and won’t sit still long enough for me to thoroughly comb his belly. I’ve started to use wondercide spray on him, but he doesn’t like it. He tries to run away from me and I don’t want him to start hating getting flea combed because it’s going to be associated with the unpleasant smell . The flea problem has become stressful.

In addition to Junior, I have an indoor cat and two feral cats that live on the front patio. I’m treating the outdoors with Wondercide spray and Flea Destroyer. I’ve even gotten my neighbors to allow me to use Flea Destroyer on their lawns so we will be applying it tomorrow.

I’m exhausted trying to control the flea situation. I am continuing to treat the house inside as well. I was close to giving Junior Effipro/Virbac single-ingredient flea medication today but hesitated because of the chemicals, especially since I lost my beloved cat a few weeks ago. He was sick and when we gave him capstar medication in a panic for the fleas he brought in (more than usual) it sealed the deal and we believe this was the cause of his rapid decline. You can imagine how awful I feel.

Dr. Jeff recommended Earth Animal products. I’m unsure which product to choose. Should I use the topical solution, the oral medication, or the flea collar? Or a combo of them? Does anyone have experience with this brand? I’m concerned about the alcohol in the oral medication but im sure it’s better than other chemical treatments.

I would like to flea comb Junior outside before he comes in, but I’m worried about removing his GPS collar, as he gets annoyed and will likely run off. Perhaps I could comb him outside with the collar on and finish inside after removing the collar?

I would greatly appreciate any advice you have and recommendations on Earth Animal products.

Thank you!

@Dr. Barbara @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
There is also a free ebook - fleas be gone - with some more suggestions.
Call Flea Destroyers - Wondercide may kill the nematodes - I do not know. Good for you to get neighbors to spray it. let them know it is also helping improve the environment and restore it to pre-chemical balance.
tickless.com are ultrasonic flea collars that work for many.
I have never found a flea collar to work.
Sounds good to comb outside, then take collar off and finish - great idea.
Dr. christina

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Christina Oh, great advice to call flea destroyer and ask about wondercide. I can always treat the furniture with wondercide where my cement patio is.

I’ve read fleas be gone a while ago and tried to print today to read again but server was down all day. Will do so tomorrow.

Okay to collars. The tickless flea collar didn’t work for my late kitty. Junior already wears a tracker tag on his collar, it would be too big and bulky to add both.

I will attempt to comb outdoors and see if I can get a System down. The two ferals that occupy the whole front area where he comes home have fleas so this is a lot of work. 😫

Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom