• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cut on tail

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
My indoor/outdoor cat came home and I noticed blood where he over grooms his tail and has lost fur. I thought it was from over grooming but then I observed closer and realized he has a cut about the size of half a centimeter. It looks a little deep. I put a cone on him so he doesn’t lick it and washed it with mild soap and water. I also gave him some stress stopper from Jackson galaxy because he gets anxious to go out and also for the donut.

What can I put in it and is there a homeopathic remedy I can use for this? I will keep him inside until he heals.

Also he may have stress or ocd because he grooms a lot. I also started him on Bixbi Skin & coat (organic mushroom powder) for pets with seasonal allergies in hopes this helps. But I think I need to help with his stress?

Thank you for your guidance! @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Jean Hofve

Here’s a photo of his tail although it is not clear. And a photo of the skin & coat supplement.

image.jpg

IMG_4197.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Anna!

Aloe vera gel is great to massage in 2-3 x/d to help lesions like this heal.

You're right tho that the over grooming associated with his susceptibility to stress is the primary thing to address.

The Bixbi mushrooms look good.

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Boochu’s wound is oozing fluid appearing as a watery consistency with a reddish tinge resembling blood.

Is this something to be concerned about? The vet said to put antiseptic called Hibiclens antiseptic skin cleanser on it but is it okay to do so when it is oozing? They are closed now and will have to wait for them to reopen.

What signs do I need to look for that would require a vet visit?

Thank you so much!

IMG_4246.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
How's the cut healing? Hibiclens is a good soap but needs to be rinsed off. This could be an older bite wound that is trying to resolve. Keep it clean, hot compress if he tolerates it, best to keep it open as long as possible. Watch for swelling indicating that pus is building up under the scab.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom