• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cancer care and management

AniviaE

Community Member
Registered
Hello! New member of Holistic Actions here and feeling grateful to have a community to turn to for guidance and support...
I am hoping to get some advice for my doggie Anivi who is 12.5 years old, German Shepherd-Border Collie-Akita mix, spayed at 5 years old.
She was diagnosed with malignant Grade 3 mammary gland cancer in August 2023 which had alreay spread to the lymph nodes by the time of surgical removal of the lump. Ultrasounds did not show any further spread in the lungs or organs but possible that it is there as well according to the oncologist who we have been seeing for a month now. I took his advice and began Palladia treatments 3x a week on October 6th in hopes of giving her a longer time here together and slowing the growth/spread of the cancer cells.

The following are some abnormalities in her test results right now:
-Low White Blood Cell Count
Her weekly blood tests show her WBC getting lower each time, already below normal range (but oncologist says it is still acceptable). She also has Low Neutrophils and Monocyte below normal range, and High Lymphocytes above normal range, and borderline low Thyroid.
-Blood in Stool
Her weekly fecal tests have consistently shown blood in stool (suspected to be from bone content in her food) and for this reason oncologist prescribed Famotidine (Peptic A/C) but I wanted to seek a second opinion before giving it to her, or any alternative that I can consider.
-Urine high PH and protein
Today she began excessive urinating as well with no other apparent symptoms (at one point she was peeing once per minute at the park for 15-20 minutes!) but she is not asking to go out to pee when we got home however I have taken her out every 30 minutes and each time she had gone to pee. She is eating, drinking, sleeping normally, she remains alert and interested in all the same things. Upon reviewing her weekly urinalysis tests they do show High PH above normal range, +1 Protein, and Borderline High Gravity but the oncologist never mentioned it so I don't know if it is concerning or not, but given her frequent urination today I am assuming that it is all related.

Aside from the Palladia, I am giving her a mixture of supplements(powder and oil) regularly with 1-2x per day meals:
Multivitamins
Probiotics
Omega-3 oil - contains: Green lipped mussel oil (EPA/DHA), Ahiflower (GLA & SDA), Astaxanthin (antioxidants)
Digestive Enzymes - contains: enzymes, pancreas, alfalfa juice, broccoli sprout powder (for detox & liver function), soil-based probiotics
Hip & Joint - contains: Eggshell Membrane (GAGs), Curcumin, Poria Cocos (myceliums, 30%beta-glucan, activates WBC and increases immune cells)
Mineral Mix - contains: alga calcarea (seaweed), spirulina (chlorophyll), minerals (boron, bromine, calcium, chloride, chromium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, madanese, molubdenum, nickel, phosphorous, potassium, selenium, silicon, sodium, sulphur, vanadium, zinc), amino acids (histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, valine, tryptophan)

And these supplements given 2 hours away from food mixed with some meat broth:
Turkey Tail Mushroom
Modified Citrus Pectin
Seven-Mushroom Blend - turkey tail, reishi, cordyceps, maitake, phellinus, shiitake, chaga (beta-glucan, triterpenoids)
Breast Health - contains: Diindolylmethane(DIM), Quercetin, Turmeric Rhizome Extract (BCM-95®), Scutellaria Barbata Leaf Extract, Astragalus membranaceus Root Extract, Coriolus, Reishi, Phellinus.
Liver/Kidney Cleanse - contains: cordyceps mushroom extract (polysaccharides), maitake mushrooms, reishi mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli sprouts, milk thistle seed, burdock root, yellow dock root, dandelion root, marshmallow root

Her diet is:
Ground Proteins: Turkey with bone, Rabbit with bone and liver, Pheasant with bone and liver, Chicken with Bone, Boneless Venison, Beef Offal (this was a raw food diet until 2 months ago, she now eats this boiled)
Frozen Vegetables mix: kale, parsley, ginger, carrots, squash, celery, apple cider vinegar

I know I have written a lot, I don't mean to overwhelm, I am just hoping that the more information I provide the more helpful it will be to communicate my thoughts. Given her her background, diet, and lifestyle, please offer any advice that you may have regarding the best course of action for supporting her body through the cancer and for managing the consistent abnormalities in her test results.
Thank you for your time!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to HA! Thanks so much for the great info in your first post.

I'm sorry to hear about your pup's diagnosis.

How's her BEAM and any other prior health challenges?

Are you still working with the vet oncologist or someone who is trained in homeopathy, TCVM or another energy modality?

A wonderful place to start is:

Also, if you haven't already done so, the HA! 101 course is a good place to learn about the approach we teach here.

Once you go through it, perhaps post in this thread any specific questions you may have.

A 15 minute HMDM call with Dr. Christina or myself may also be useful.

BTW-Here are some questions we'll want to know about:

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Just a thought: a high urine pH and frequent urination is almost certainly an E. coli bladder infection, not surprising given the immune suppressive cancer therapy. I know she's already on a ton of supplements, but consider a short course of cranberry and berberine, as well as increasing water consumption to help flush out the bad bugs.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
And some vit C and d-mannose!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom