• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Bland diet-transition

PattyS

VIP Member
Registered
Hi. I have a 10 yr old dal. She eats raw meat/cooked veg diet. She has a sensitive stomach. Yesterday she was in a lot of pain. Took her to the emergency vet. They said to feed a bland diet. I gave her boiled ground beef and green beans. This morning, she’s been demanding food. I am still feeding her several small portions, and added oatmeal. How do I know when she can go back to a normal diet?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
When she's back to normal for 2 days (with great BEAM) perhaps transition over 5-7days.

PattyS

VIP Member
Registered
Are freeze dried chicken hearts in her snuffle mat ok for now, or will they upset her stomach?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Patty!

Ideally, for now, avoid all treats Patty (depending on how super sensitive her stomach has been historically).

PattyS

VIP Member
Registered
Great question Patty!

Ideally, for now, avoid all treats Patty (depending on how super sensitive her stomach has been historically).
Britt keeps walking by her snuffle mat looking for crumbs!
With as sensitive as she can be, she’s asking for chicken wings and her snuffle mat, along with more food. I’ll withhold her chicken hearts.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom