• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Benign Hemangioma

MonicaF

All-Access Member
Registered
I have a pitbull mix girl, about 12 years old. She started having some small red like blisters in her abdomen. The vet said that was nothing to worry about, but that they would continue to show up and should be removed with laser treatments. I've been waiting to do the laser not sure if I wanted to go thru with it, but all of a sudden, one of those blisters got big, what looked like filled with blood. For the last two days, she has been licking it causing blood to come out but it is still inflated. Any suggestions or alternative to the laser trearment. Would tumeric topically help, or yunnan baiyao? Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

IMG_5527.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Would tumeric topically help, or yunnan baiyao?
Yes! Applying 1/4 capsule of Yunnan directly on the bleeding spots will help.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

MonicaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you. It has gotten quite ugly I think due to her licking. Can I wait to receive the yunnan and Pau D'Arco? to treat her, or should she see the vet asap?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Since it's worse, a vet exam in the next few days would be a great idea.

In the meantime, topical corn starch can help to slow the bleeding.

MonicaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff. I will take her to get checked again. If they recommend laser again, should I go ahead? Or with the prior suggestions you gave me, should I give it time.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Monica!

Since the mass is problematic, growing and bleeding then your best bet is to follow your vet's advice.

If you are working with a virtual vet homeopath then perhaps consult them first. If you're not working with anyone here are two recommendations:

MonicaF

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff. I was scared that if I waited without knowing exactly what I was doing or what I was dealing with, that it could be worse. The vet (of course) said it needed to come out, so it was taken out on tuesday. Now waiting for biopsy results, hoping its not cancer. That first night the poor girl was in so much pain, she was sooo restless, but I spent all night awake with her giving her arnica and by morning a noticeable change and by that afternoon, she was back to normal, o I think that Arnica really helped her with her pain. So, glad at least I knew a little bit about homeopathy to be able to give her something to help her. Sorry I did not answer earlier, still getting the hang of the forum.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I have a pitbull mix girl, about 12 years old. She started having some small red like blisters in her abdomen. The vet said that was nothing to worry about, but that they would continue to show up and should be removed with laser treatments. I've been waiting to do the laser not sure if I wanted to go thru with it, but all of a sudden, one of those blisters got big, what looked like filled with blood. For the last two days, she has been licking it causing blood to come out but it is still inflated. Any suggestions or alternative to the laser trearment. Would tumeric topically help, or yunnan baiyao? Any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.

IMG_5527.jpg
I would be very cautious about lasering anything that you don't know what it is. I am not a vet but my dog had hemangiosarcoma, undiagnosed in her spleen. She had no symptoms really until after being lasered. Prior to that maybe a few BEAM changes but all broke loose after the laser---like a few days later. She had laser treatment from a chinese medicine vet and almost immediately she got sick and symptoms emerged. She also had a dermal thing that bled occasionally. I believe laser on my dog was not advisable. The vet agreed and "had she known" would not have lasered her. My regular vet had even looked at the red thing on her hock and said "we can remove it if she gets her teeth cleaned." Be proactive and get information and don't take an "I don't know" answer as an "everything is fine" answer

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom