• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Belgian Shepherd Dog with Mass on Spleen - is there a way to dissolve mass naturally without surgery?

ShaunaK

Registered
Hi everyone! So my 6 year old, 90 pound Belgian Shepherd dog has a mass on his spleen. It's small and the vet doesn't know if it's cancerous. She suggested to completely remove his spleen, which sounds nuts to me and I won't do it. Is there a way to dissolve the small mass with homeopathic medicine? Is there a way for them to biopsy the mass to see if it's cancerous? The vet said she was concerned that if the mass exploded he could bleed to death. Please help!! Food and natural recommendations would be great. Also, he has a pinched nerve in his back. I was told to keep him on anti-inflammatory meds and to keep him quiet and let it naturally heal. He is in pain with it and I'd like to help him heal quick and with the least amount of pain as possible. Any suggestions for that would be great too.
Thank you!
Shauna

@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Sara

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Shauna!
Is there a way to dissolve the small mass with homeopathic medicine?
Possibly. Depending on what your pup's body wants to do.

For example, a nodule on the spleen can be "normal" at this age (a regenerative nodule) or a hematoma.

The latter is more likely to resolve (tho even splenic hematomas can last for years).

A cancerous growth like a hemangiosarcoma is called "autonomous" and outside the body's full control.

These require careful and often intensive and protracted homeopathic care.

Is there a way for them to biopsy the mass to see if it's cancerous?
Not safely. An ultrasound done by a vet oncologist, internist or radiologist can be super helpful.
I'd like to help him heal quick and with the least amount of pain as possible
Yes!! IMHO, the best way to do that is to avoid "antis" that work against his body.

Use chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, homeopathy and energetic tools like:

Regarding the splenic nodule, your best bet is to be working with a trained holistic vet who will evaluate and address your pup's BEAM, history, current diet, etc. And to monitor a CBC and ultrasound every few months.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom