• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Adult Cat Feeding Schedule

Vani

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

I’m switching my two kitties onto Darwin’s raw Turkey and Chicken. So far they seem to like the Turkey (mixed with their favorite cooked chicken as we transition).

My husband doesn’t want to mess with the raw meat so early in the morning so we are considering going from feeding twice a day to once a day in the evening.
I was wondering for optimal cat health, is it generally better to feed them twice a day or once a day, or does it just depend on the kitty?

Thanks,
Vanya

Dr. Sara

VIP Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Small cats (wild and domestic) are predators eating small meals. Large cats eat large meals infrequently, small cats eat small meals frequently This means that two meals a day is more attuned to the natural dietary rhythm of domestic cats. There are certainly cats that do just fine on one meal a day, though the general suggestion is to feed two or three small meals per day.
Dr. Sara

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this important info Dr. Sara.

Great idea Ginny!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom