• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Join the Celery Juice for Pets Movement!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, many cats are not happy with being syringed, or with the taste of the juice.

If syringing causes too much stress to your kitty, the I would avoid it altogether until he is a better balance.

If the syringing is OK, then start with just 5ml.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I do eat a lot of celery and put it into my smoothies. Need to get a juicer next.
Dr. Christina

JoanD

All-Access Member
Registered
This is so great! I wondered if our animals could also benefit. I thought that getting them to drink it would be hard. I'll try with my cat. My husband and I are healing several chronic digestive issues with it. At first it really hurt my stomach and I'd be in pain for hours. Now after drinking it daily for months, it isn't as bad. We use a Hurom juicer - the easy clean, no screen version they just came out with. It is so easy to use and easy to clean. It is also a masticating juicer. The original one they made was noisy and the screen clogged. It wasted a lot of juice. Now 10 years later they finally got rid of the screen and it's amazing. It goes on sale during holidays. You can often find it for 25% off several times per year.

Dana

All-Access Member
Registered
I am still doing 16oz straight celery juice - juiced in a juicer EVERY morning before any food... some days it is really nice and some days it is nasty! I started it because I also read Anthony William's book on the thyroid... I have 1 large thyroid nodule that was growing very fast. My Dr. put me on thyroid meds to try and slow the growth but it did not help at all and the meds made me crazy. I went off the meds, started working with a homeopath who put me on Phosphorus and I started the celery juice. the nodule stopped growing, I think it is shrinking a bit ... cant be sure until I get an ultrasound ... and I feel much better.

SaraF

Registered
I have drank celery juice everyday for a year and a half. I have healed vertigo, anxiety, acid reflux, allergies, skin/hair issues, panic attacks, heart palpitations, constipation and much more! It will be a part of my daily routine forever. I started Luca, my 5 month old GS on it today. 8 ounces. He's been having a hoarse cough when he's picked up or walker on a collar. I'm hopeful that making this a part of his daily routine, will help him with any aliments. But, I've also reached out to Dr. Judy for a phone appointment regarding his symptoms.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, that's fantastic Sara!

Please keep us update on your journey in healing with celery juice.

KariL

Registered
I have 4 cats on celery juice every morning. 2 of my cats are older (around 17). And 2 are very young (under 2). 1 of my older cats developed severe Pancreatitis and almost died. She was in the hospital and semi-recovered ($6,000 later). We brought her home and her appetite remained very poor. I started her on celery juice, 2ml 2X/day for 3 days and she was eating within 24 hours and back to herself within 3 days. I also gave her liposomal C 2x/day for 3 days. This was almost 2 years ago and she has been doing very well ever since. I continue to give it daily.

My other older cat also started to show signs of pancreatitis. So I started her on it too and she is doing very well.

I started my 2 younger cats on it as well due to digestive problems. 1 was overeating and would get bloated and constipated. And the other didn’t have a great appetite and would vomit on occasion and have diarrhea often. Celery juice has help them as well.

Also I know of at least 1 other cat that had pancreatitis. And celery juice was given and within 3 hours was eating and has been doing good ever since.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow!

Thanks for sharing these awe-some experiences Kari! This is super interesting stuff.

Maybe we should organize a research trial studying the use of celery juice for kitties (and dogs) with pancreatitis.

Do you give it away from food as AW recommends for people?

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
This is very interesting...can anyone recommend a juicer specifically good for making celery juice?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

RochelleB

Community Member
Registered
@KariL did you make your own juice or purchase? If purchased, what kind?

I have a cat with pancreatitis and have bought some Suja organic celery juice, but it has a small amount of lemon juice in it.

@Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina Wondering if a small amount of lemon juice in the celery juice is dangerous to a cat?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Rochelle-

If you're going to try the celery juice, it's best to make it fresh and not include the lemon juice. The lemon juice is usually not dangerous per se, but he really doesn't need the added acidity and may not appreciate the odor or taste (even tho it's a small amount of lemon juice).

KariL

Registered
Wow!

Thanks for sharing these awe-some experiences Kari! This is super interesting stuff.

Maybe we should organize a research trial studying the use of celery juice for kitties (and dogs) with pancreatitis.

Do you give it away from food as AW recommends for people?
I would love to participate in a research trial!! I will try to find more people that have had success with giving their pets celery juice for pancreatitis. My email address is regenerate4freedom@gmail.com. Let’s start a research trial!! ♥️

Because my time is limited in the morning I do not give it away from food like AW recommends. But the results have still been great!!

KariL

Registered

I have a cat with pancreatitis and have bought some Suja organic celery juice, but it has a small amount of lemon juice in it.

@Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina Wondering if a small amount of lemon juice in the celery juice is dangerous to a cat?

I make my own. I juice 32 ounces for myself every morning and then give it to the cats by syringe. I give about 2 ml daily. If they are having a flare I give it to them 2x/day. The pre-made bottled juice does not have the same effect/healing ability according to AW.

AlenooshM

Registered
Hi everyone.

We're starting a study to see if celery juice can improve quality of life for dogs and cats the way Anthony William has found that it can for people.

Anthony advises drinking 16 oz of fresh celery juice on an empty stomach every day.

Ideally using a masticating juicer, but any kind of juicer or even a Ninja blender (ask Amy about this fantastic kitchen tool) is fine.

16 oz. is the amount we are using for dogs over 50 lbs.

12 oz. for dogs 25-49 pounds, 8 oz. for 10-25 pounds and 4 oz for dogs under 10 pounds and cats.

If you would like to be part of this study, just go ahead and add to this thread.

Perhaps Abby would like to get involved @adlibutti@yahoo_com ?

Dr. Jeff
Hi Dr Jeff

Ive read somewhere that large amounts (amount was not specified) of celery juice can interfere with iodine uptake and can result in a goiter especially for those that have a known thyroid issue.
In addition Celery juice can also interfere with certain medications. Do you have any info on this?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I don't, but can see what I can find.

KariL

Registered
Hi Dr Jeff

Ive read somewhere that large amounts (amount was not specified) of celery juice can interfere with iodine uptake and can result in a goiter especially for those that have a known thyroid issue.
In addition Celery juice can also interfere with certain medications. Do you have any info on this?
Hi!!! As far as I can see celery juice has not been studied. I’m not sure where this info came from…please let us know so we can read it. All we can go on is experience here. If any has had this experience with iodine or medications please let us know. I’ve had 2 of my cats on celery juice for 2 years. It healed both of their pancreatitis and constipation. Also they have stopped vomiting all the time. So far no side effects that I can see.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom