• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Mast cell tumor home therapy

CharleneD

Community Member
Registered
My 8yr old 22lb Frenchie, Bubba was just diagnosed with a mast cell tumor on his right leg on Tuesday. His vet suggested removing as much as they can, not a lot of skin to close up the incision. And then take him to an oncologist. I said no to the surgery not only because of his age, but because of Bubba’s adorable flat face, his breathing, naturally sounds labored & I’m concerned about the anesthesia. His BEAM is normal. He’s still a little troublemaker! Thankfully. He takes Quercetin daily so that should cover antihistamine. Right away, I started with diluted frankincense, and have been implying it morning and night. I’m going to start cooking his meals today. I did some research on the forum and other sources and I’m going to start with fenbendazole today, 3 days on 4 days off. I had heard that you should supplement on the 4 days off with something to help with liver function due to the Fenbendazole. I have heard Milk Thistle is one? Can you please verify or provide any other suggestions? Much appreciated, Charlene

IMG_5921.jpeg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
He is so cute.
Definitely focusing on his BEAM is very important. Wonderful to switch to a fresh food diet. Maybe check out all of our cancer webinars, and the keto diet. @Dr. Jean Hofve may have more on that.

I am not familiar with the fenbendezole.

I would recommend beginning as soon as possible working with a homeopathic veterinarian - several consult virtually - www.theAVH.org - Drs. Herman, Cooney, Sagrera, Tewari are often available and are excellent. And read the article on working with a holistic veterinarian, as you may find a great holistic vet with other training near you.

Downloading the Healthy Dog Journal so you can track any small changes, including the Early Warning Signs of Internal Imbalance, fill out the timeline to help your homeopath get started, and track the fresh foods he loves or hates.

Happy dancing, positive thoughts, and giving him choices are key as well.

Dr. christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Charlene!

Welcome to HA! and thanks for making your first post.

I'm sorry to hear about Bubba's mast cell tumor. Fortunately, it's not effecting his awe-some super handsome happiness.

Optimizing his happiness, sniffing and outdoor time will help more than any supplement.

There's a lot you can do at home and it focuses on optimizing Bubba's vitality and balance.

You can start today by taking the HA! 101 course. It helps lay the foundation for the immune stimulation that will help keep the tumor in check or even improve.

Also, getting all of your current conventional options from an oncologist is a great idea. This would primarily be an information gathering consultation.

For example, you mentioned that the tumor is on his leg, and the oncologist may advise something like this:

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Oh gosh, mast cells can be nasty! I still remember the admonition from vet school, "Never let the sun go down on a mast cell tumor." The one case I managed in school did very well after excision, hers was also on the leg and they could barely close it. But that's just n=1. The conventional line is that if it's low grade, removal may be wise. I wouldn't worry too much about anesthesia, which is very safe these days. He would be intubated, by-passing the upper respiratory issues, and if they do proper fluids and monitoring, age is not a barrier. But, if it can be avoided, of course that's better.

There is a new injectable drug that has shown good results with mast cell tumors, especially in that location... no surgery or anesthesia. May be worth looking into. STELFONTA®. Virbac is a reputable company. I've used many of their products over the years.

HOWEVER.... in holistic terms, removing a surface tumor just drives the imbalance deeper into the body where it can cause more havoc. As Drs. Jeff and Christina said, we want to build him up so his immune system can deal with it, and they made good suggestions. They mentioned many ways to support him, here are a couple more:
  • Chaga and turkey tail mushrooms have some very good benefits for cancer, chaga especially for mast cells.
  • Flower essences; to manage stress and heal the energetic layers beneath the cancer: Senior Support (Formerly Graceful Aging) (I take this one myself every day, to stay on an even keel!)
  • Marine Omega-3s, digestive support (pre- and pro-biotics)
  • Reiki, EFT, and other energy healing techniques can do wonders.
Finally, attitude is important. Leave the fear behind and picture/visualize/project/expect good results! Bubba is happy, so you be happy too! EFT can be very effective there!

CharleneD

Community Member
Registered
He is so cute.
Definitely focusing on his BEAM is very important. Wonderful to switch to a fresh food diet. Maybe check out all of our cancer webinars, and the keto diet. @Dr. Jean Hofve may have more on that.

I am not familiar with the fenbendezole.

I would recommend beginning as soon as possible working with a homeopathic veterinarian - several consult virtually - www.theAVH.org - Drs. Herman, Cooney, Sagrera, Tewari are often available and are excellent. And read the article on working with a holistic veterinarian, as you may find a great holistic vet with other training near you.

Downloading the Healthy Dog Journal so you can track any small changes, including the Early Warning Signs of Internal Imbalance, fill out the timeline to help your homeopath get started, and track the fresh foods he loves or hates.

Happy dancing, positive thoughts, and giving him choices are key as well.

Dr. christina
Thank you so much Dr. Christina!

CharleneD

Community Member
Registered
Hey Charlene!

Welcome to HA! and thanks for making your first post.

I'm sorry to hear about Bubba's mast cell tumor. Fortunately, it's not effecting his awe-some super handsome happiness.

Optimizing his happiness, sniffing and outdoor time will help more than any supplement.

There's a lot you can do at home and it focuses on optimizing Bubba's vitality and balance.

You can start today by taking the HA! 101 course. It helps lay the foundation for the immune stimulation that will help keep the tumor in check or even improve.

Also, getting all of your current conventional options from an oncologist is a great idea. This would primarily be an information gathering consultation.

For example, you mentioned that the tumor is on his leg, and the oncologist may advise something like this:

Thank you Dr. jeff I will be scheduling a call

CharleneD

Community Member
Registered
Oh gosh, mast cells can be nasty! I still remember the admonition from vet school, "Never let the sun go down on a mast cell tumor." The one case I managed in school did very well after excision, hers was also on the leg and they could barely close it. But that's just n=1. The conventional line is that if it's low grade, removal may be wise. I wouldn't worry too much about anesthesia, which is very safe these days. He would be intubated, by-passing the upper respiratory issues, and if they do proper fluids and monitoring, age is not a barrier. But, if it can be avoided, of course that's better.

There is a new injectable drug that has shown good results with mast cell tumors, especially in that location... no surgery or anesthesia. May be worth looking into. STELFONTA®. Virbac is a reputable company. I've used many of their products over the years.

HOWEVER.... in holistic terms, removing a surface tumor just drives the imbalance deeper into the body where it can cause more havoc. As Drs. Jeff and Christina said, we want to build him up so his immune system can deal with it, and they made good suggestions. They mentioned many ways to support him, here are a couple more:
  • Chaga and turkey tail mushrooms have some very good benefits for cancer, chaga especially for mast cells.
  • Flower essences; to manage stress and heal the energetic layers beneath the cancer: Senior Support (Formerly Graceful Aging) (I take this one myself every day, to stay on an even keel!)
  • Marine Omega-3s, digestive support (pre- and pro-biotics)
  • Reiki, EFT, and other energy healing techniques can do wonders.
Finally, attitude is important. Leave the fear behind and picture/visualize/project/expect good results! Bubba is happy, so you be happy too! EFT can be very effective there!
Thanks Dr jean for all the info!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Hey, I just learned something right this minute--mast cell tumors are seasonal! Spring is when they are most commonly diagnosed, because the immune system is extra-stressed with allergens flying around in the air, so they flare up. Wow

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
What you said there just makes me think that overall improvement is an answer for him: More health, more raw diet, more love, more interest - and some incisive homeopathic treatment to guide his little body to resolve these issues. Even the tumor - especially the tumor! - is a sign of less than optimal function overall - very addressable, and in a relatively superficial location. See how much you can enrich his little life, and watch amazing healing happen:)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom