• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Limping and use of homeopathic

LilF

Community Member
Registered
A week ago Miss Blossom was being rambunctious and running the fence while another dog was being walked.

She was not putting weight on back leg for about 3 days. The homeo said to give her arnica, rhus tox, ruta mixed together which I gave her twice a day starting last tuesday or wednesday (a week ago that is).

Yesterday was monday and she started to limp like she did a week ago even though she seemed to be getting better. I called one of her vets and this is why I am established with about 4 vets---it opens up choices. One vet said give it another week and maybe she can get an appt next week if I call early in the morning...

Well "maybe" she can get an appointment is a terrible answer. They told me to only let her potty. Did that Done that. So I called 2 more vets and got appts this week, one is a rehab vet so is probably the best one to offer laser. The other vet has an old xray machine and no therapies. Not sure why I am keeping this appt for tomorrow.

I do have Galiprant and Gabapentin from her spay surgery that I could give her. I know you all frown on that but dogs should not be in pain. I did not give anything yet. Did contact homeo. Not sure if I should just give Arnica 1M that I have from her spay surgery (and I use myself).

I read the prior post from 2017 which was similar to my case but not sure how that all ended up as the thread stopped. So I am sure the vet will want xrays. She WAS putting wt on it since about last friday and then yesterday seemingly suddenly when I walked her up 2 houses, she could not walk.

I am not sure how much pain. Last night she did seem in pain "maybe" but not sure. is this response to her homeopathic one of those you get with combo therapies like jj had where it suppressed his symptoms and then it came back worse.

This feels the same which is why maybe i should just dose arnica but not sure how often. I read in the 2017 post these things can take a while but i do feel a firm diagnosis is necessary, thus xrays

This opinion is borne out of my own recent experience where I jacked around with physical therapists and one chiro for 2.5 years with literally 5 diagnoses all wrong. The REAL DX is Knee replacement which they all missed, consequences being all the WRONG therapies were given to me which i intuitively did not do because they felt wrong. So i cannot in Blossom's case let her suffer like I did for 2.5 years with pain and no etiology.

For anyone with a joint replaced, did homeopathy cure that? Does homeopathy cure a cruciat ligament tear in a dog lets say? No, sometimes you need a replacement or a surgery. I am willing to work with symptoms for only so long.....but open to listening and then using my own intution to evaluate the wisdom in following advice. Thank you for hearng my rationale and thought process on this problem that as you know is hard to see your loved one probably in discomfort and/or pain.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I forgot to mention above. I am also using the BEMER (magnetic therapy) on her leg a couple times a day which she seems to accept

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
VIP Member
Thank you for sharing, @LilF, your thought process - it's sometimes hard to navigate all the information and your own intuition. How is Miss Blossom's BEAM? Did you have any specific questions or just wanted to share your process?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This feels the same which is why maybe i should just dose arnica but not sure how often.
Yes, I agree. Perhaps a 10/Q-tip dose as needed based on her limp.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for sharing, @LilF, your thought process - it's sometimes hard to navigate all the information and your own intuition. How is Miss Blossom's BEAM? Did you have any specific questions or just wanted to share your process?
Blossom's BEAM is good except she seems winded sometimes which may be the difficulty getting around. Well I guess my questions are not direct but embedded in the stated quandary about 1.medication (we don't want our pets to be in pain, and 2.the need for xray to determine a diagnosis because in my personal human situation a diagnosis was key to the treatment otherwise the suffering and pain just continued. 3. the homeopathic practice of combo versus one remedy which Dr. Jeff kind of addressed (thank you), I should say the homeopath said Blossom probably reinjured herself but we were not doing anything to bring that about which made me belief it was the suppression of symptoms rather than reinjury, Again i experienced this with another dog so I learned and now recognize what "could" be happening with her getting worse again after having gotten better. The homeo did say they have treated cruciate tears homeopathically, has anyone else treated them homeopathically and does a human worn out joint respond to healing with homeopathy---if there are examples or experiences, my question was if these could be shared.. Homeopath said to use calcarea carbonica every 3-4 wks to promote healing. So I do not know if this replaces what she was on or in addition to. I have not had success with homeopathy on 3 dogs usiing one or combo remedies. The only success I do have is in acute situations (pain after surgery and for reverse sneezing after rabies vaccine)and also back in 2014 when I gave a dog a remedy (nux and gastruccomeel) twice a day everyday for his upset stomach prescribed by a regular integrative vet and THAT WORKED and the dog never had vomiting etc... the rest of his life. But again, that was given the "wrong way"---i.e. twice a day every day and was not prescribed per the one remedy for all symptoms philosophy. So maybe I should give it up already because nothing has worked with this dog for any symptom. Did not work on the other two either for their diseases or imbalances. I do not want to use galliprant and gabapentin but I have no homeopathic that works, howver I will try the arnica alone and watch.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom