• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Giardia and getting rid of it naturally?

JacquelineN

Community Member
Registered
Hello, I posted my first question about a rabies vaccine for my 6 month old Golden Retriever and got lots of great information. One question I asked was whether I should retest for giardia since she had it confirmed with a stool sample about a month ago. Dr Jeff advised that this would be important, so we just did another stool test, and the giardia is still present after the Panacur treatment! So, I’d like to ask how might I treat this naturally, how serious is this? I’ve heard that it’s hard to get rid of, and I’d really like to make sure that we do so that we can get her the vaccine and also because we are taking her to stay at the breeder’s home when we go away in a few weeks and she’s asked for a stool sample…..Do you have any suggestions? I’d rather not give the Panacur especially since it didn’t work the first time or if it did, she got it again. I’m puzzled because neither of our last two Golden Retriever boys ever had giardia and they were always out in our back yard, just as Sophie is. Sophie has only occasional diarrhea and I’m not sure that this is a symptom of the giardia…..I thought it could be from something she was eating that didn’t agree with her. If you have any suggestions on what to give her to get rid of the giardia I’d appreciate it very much….

Thanks again,
Jackie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
how might I treat this naturally,
There are lots of herbal treatments, but enhancing your pup's natural immunity is most effective in the long run. I think you're already doing a lot of this Jacqueline. Do you have a snuffle mat? The more puppy pranayama and outdoor time the better!!

how serious is this?
Are there any symptoms like diarrhea, smelly stool, etc?

Do you know if the test was an Elisa (antibody) test?

It's typically not serious at all.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I personally never worried about the presence of giardia and rarely treated it unless there was significant diarrhea. It was a guidance, as Dr. Jeff mentioned, of imbalance.

Maybe add in some energy healing.
Dr. Christina

JacquelineN

Community Member
Registered
There are lots of herbal treatments, but enhancing your pup's natural immunity is most effective in the long run. I think you're already doing a lot of this Jacqueline. Do you have a snuffle mat? The more puppy pranayama and outdoor time the better!!

Are there any symptoms like diarrhea, smelly stool, etc?

Do you know if the test was an Elisa (antibody) test?

It's typically not serious at all.
Hi Dr Jeff! Thank you for your reply—I spoke with Dr Robb, who said that there were no cysts and he thinks that means “no active infection.” So he thinks we shouldn’t worry about it. I’ll still do the protocol that Dr Christina sent to me. I set up a Skype call with you on Friday at 4:00. We’re looking forward to meeting you!!
Thank you again, Jackie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Jacqueline!

Yay for Dr. Robb!! Yes, unless cysts are seen perhaps just use the protocol.

I look forward to meeting you as well!! ? :dog2:?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom