• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Zoey the dog is under the weather

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Me Again : )

The past couple of days, 95% of the time, she seems ok, not great but closer to herself. But then like 5% of the time, her breathing is rapid, she's licking her lips a lot, I'm not positive but I think she drooled a little bit a couple of times. She shivers if it's a little cool in the house, she seems to not do that if it's warmer. She hasn't pooped yet today and it's after 5 pm. I feel like the pumpkin constipated her but I don't think that would cause how she's acting.

Her appetite hasn't changed, she's eating the same amount she always does. I've been giving her pumpkin for nearly 5 days for her gas and I stopped that. I didn't give her any aloe water last night but I did this morning. I've been giving her 1 teaspoon twice a day.

Just a reminder: She's 14 and weighs 6 lbs.

Any ideas?

@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Christina, @Dr. Sara

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Donna-

Great question tho it sounds like Zoey is moving in the right direction.

Unfortunately without the full context from your other threads (If I have time I'll re-read them), I cant answer more specifically than to keep doing what you're doing.

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff
Summary of my other 2 threads: I'm giving her aloe water for her mouth and stomach ulcers, 1 teaspoon twice a day. That's the same dose as pumpkin I've been giving her for gas.

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
Oh and random panting, not something she does otherwise

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
I'm shocked, I just can't fathom being constipated would cause so many issues.
She pooped a couple hours ago and I've been watching her extra close and she seems to be back to her normal self.
If tomorrow goes this well then I'm going to tell everyone I know, "don't let your pet get constipated. This is unbelievable

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic to hear about Zoey's improvement after pooping Donna!?

Yes, when the underlying imbalance that caused the constipation symptom improves, other symptoms will improve.

Aside from the aloe, has anything else has been different in the past few days? Maybe more petting, purring, playing or happiness in any way? Maybe more heart or kidney in her food (or as treats)?

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff I still can't believe it. I was really concerned.
No nothing has been different. She gets the turkey heart as treats.
I would probably faint if she started purring, since she's a dog.:DI should've said that at first.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sorry about that (but I'm still super happy that she's better).

DonnaC

All-Access Member
Registered
As am I! I was just acting a fool, no need for apologizing :D

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom