• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Yeasty Ears

TaylorF

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi there!

A few weeks back my 6 year old Goldendoodle got a "yeast infection" in his left ear, He has never had trouble with his ears. He was shaking his ears and scratching, so we aided with an essential oil ear wash made by our vet. For the most part his ear is better but I still notice he shakes his ears more often prior to "infection" and he has a lot of waxy buildup.

I have been working on removing things from his diet that maybe would have been the culprit. I personally think it was the salmon oil we were using. His BEAM is always great and no signs that this issue is really irritating him. We are also struggling with heavy pollen here. We just purchased a second air purifier as well to help with indoor air quality.

My questions is, what foods/supplements/products are helpful in diminishing waxy ears?

Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
My questions is, what foods/supplements/products are helpful in diminishing waxy ears?
Thanks for asking Taylor, and thanks for making your first post!

Great question about foods and supplements to help your pups ear and allergy symptoms.

My second question (after the one you already answered about BEAM) is what kind of food are you feeding.

If it is ultra-process kibble (dry) or canned (wet) food, then the first thing you may want to do is upgrade his diet to a frozen raw food blend.

Avoid chicken and look for foods with lots of heart in the ingredients list. Things like Small Batch.

The next thing is to read through the 101 course in your member area.

Then, there will be 5 webinars in August focusing allergies and er "infections" (they go together).

In the course, webinars and forum you'll see that we focus on building and preserving vitality to raise the allergy threshold rather than extensively investigating potential allergic triggers like certain foods or pollens.

This equates to improving mitochondrial function which increases cellular energy to help the immune system work better.

To do this easily and for no cost, perhaps start with a few extra Therapeutic Sniff Walks and "Happy Meals" today:

TaylorF

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff!

We fresh feed him. Everything organic from local farmers. Our vet did a Zyto scan on him last visit which ruled out a bunch of things to avoid as we started fresh feeding. I will revisit some of the 101 courses. Because of the heat in Florida we don’t get out as much as we were a few months ago, but trying to do 2-3 walks a day when it’s cooler.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yeast is frequently present but causes no problems unless the vital force is off balance, so the goal is to restore balance and vitality rather than thinking of specific foods/supplements for yeast. That can be done by what you are already doing - clean local food is great, different forms of energy healing you can learn - Reiki, HTA, Eden, quantum, Bengston and many more. Do not worry too much about the ear as it may be a little irritated for a few months, then resolve as you continue general health strategies.
Who is your local holistic vet? Great that she makes her own oils.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom