• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Yeast Infection in Cat's Ear

SaraKr

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina
My cat has a yeast infection in her right ear. I can’t remove it. What can I do? I tried the vinegar and peroxide solution but it’s deep and she’s in pain. Her ear is red also. Homeopathic remedy? She’s had it for a long time but they keep prescribing antibiotics and steroids that I don’t want her to take. Thank you!!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Yes, the prior treatments were merely palliating (temporarily helping).
You are right that the way to completely resolve the problem is to re-balance the energy field with homeopathy, or TCVM, Ayurvedic... or maybe just improve the diet, increase sniffing, decrease stress (Check out the May 14 seminar on that!!), increase exercise, etc.

Check out Non member login - Holistic Actions! and this summer we will have several speakers on allergies and ears.

Be sure to schedule your 15 minute call with Dr. Jeff or myself

Some soothing approaches to the ears until you resolve the imbalance can include:
  • Rescue Remedy is an easily available (at any health food store and many regular stores) combination flower essence to “rescue” when needed. A drop or two can be added to any of the following topical treatments or 4 drops in a pint of water can be sprayed or sponged on itchy areas or in the ears. Crab Apple is good for skin as well. (Good internally and never harmful)
  • Animal’s Apawthecary’s has a great Herbal Ear Rinse
  • Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Aloe vera (from the plant or purchased), Calendula gel, Hypericum gel, Mullin or Mullin and Garlic, SSSTing SSSStop, Put raw oatmeal in a stocking, get it wet, and then drip the liquid on the skin or in the ears.
Dr. Christina

SaraKr

VIP Member
Registered
Yes, the prior treatments were merely palliating (temporarily helping).
You are right that the way to completely resolve the problem is to re-balance the energy field with homeopathy, or TCVM, Ayurvedic... or maybe just improve the diet, increase sniffing, decrease stress (Check out the May 14 seminar on that!!), increase exercise, etc.

Check out Non member login - Holistic Actions! and this summer we will have several speakers on allergies and ears.

Be sure to schedule your 15 minute call with Dr. Jeff or myself

Some soothing approaches to the ears until you resolve the imbalance can include:
  • Rescue Remedy is an easily available (at any health food store and many regular stores) combination flower essence to “rescue” when needed. A drop or two can be added to any of the following topical treatments or 4 drops in a pint of water can be sprayed or sponged on itchy areas or in the ears. Crab Apple is good for skin as well. (Good internally and never harmful)
  • Animal’s Apawthecary’s has a great Herbal Ear Rinse
  • Sweet Almond Oil, Vitamin E, Aloe vera (from the plant or purchased), Calendula gel, Hypericum gel, Mullin or Mullin and Garlic, SSSTing SSSStop, Put raw oatmeal in a stocking, get it wet, and then drip the liquid on the skin or in the ears.
Dr. Christina
I have improved her diet. She is all raw for 2 years now. I can’t Seem to find the Animals Apawthecary herbal ear rinse anywhere. The only one that comes up when I search for it is Animal essentials herbal ear rinse. Is that one OK? She does have a lot of other health issues and I am in the middle of typing up her history so I can post it here! Thanks so much Dr. Christina! ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

SaraKr

VIP Member
Registered
Is it OK if some of the herbal ear rinse goes down into her ear canal? I’m able to wipe up the yeast in the inner ear part with the ear wipes that Dr. Jeff recommended but there is so much black stuff deep down in the ear canal that I cannot get out! I took her to the vet and they just want to put her on antibiotics and steroids.

No I have not selected a veterinary homeopath To work with yet. How would I go about doing that? Sorry I am new here and trying to navigate the site but I have terrible brain fog.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You did a great start for the site by finding the forum and posting here - great start.

Next - click on member dashboard tab
  1. Schedule your 15 min call - still time for April, I think
  2. Take the time to really study the Holistic Health 101. There are 5 lessons and each has links to even more information on the site. One key you will learn is about focusing on the whole, looking at context and BEAM. lesson 5 talks about creating your health care team. This links you to a page with web sites of holistic vet organizations. To become a client of Dr. Jeff - www.Homevet.com/new-client-questionaire
  3. Then go to the resource library page - that was where I sent you with the ear link - Non member login - Holistic Actions! where many of your ear questions will be answered. Here you will find lots of information on every topic
  4. Pet health webinars are the Monday night 8-9 eastern. Searching here gives you recordings of past ones that will help you build health.
  5. These are the up-coming webinars to put on your calendar. When live you can ask any questions in the chat, even if unrelated to the topic.
Yes, it is fine if liquid goes down the canal. Please read the ear section to learn a little about ear anatomy. It is good to massage the base of the ear after any liquid is put in, so that it does get that "black stuff deep in the canal". Massage then let shake (maybe outdoors).
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Outdoors for sure, or in a bathtub or shower. Massage it down into her ear. Wear raingear because she will shake it out in about 2 nanoseconds!

Ear "infections" are opportunistic; they are secondary to an inciting inflammation, often (in cats) due to a food allergy. It is entirely possible to be allergic to a component of raw food as well. If she has a lot of issues, she really needs serious work with a capable holistic vet.

Halo Ear Wash (available at Whole Foods, etc.) is also fine, but I dilute it by half with water, the witch hazel is pretty strong and in an inflamed ear could be painful.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom