• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Xena diagnosed with sarcoptic mange

JamieK

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Everyone

Need your thoughts. My vet just called me to tell me Xena's blood test came back positive for sarcoptic mange. The reason I took her in was because she has some discoloring on her belly and she has been scratching a lot for a while. Had found a flea on her last month and gave her a couple of baths and thought that was the reason why she was so itchy.

But the real question is, does she really have sarcoptic mange because my other two dogs are not scratching like they have it and neither is my husband and myself. We have a fenced in yard and do not have fox or rabbits in our yard.

My vet is saying that it is possible she could be allergic to dust mites so I am having her tested for that tomorrow morning.

I have been reading that I can treat sarcoptic mange with homeopathy and with a lime sulphur bath on the forum. Or my vet said he can give her Ivermectin .

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jamie!

I'm sorry about Xena's test result and itchiness.
I have been reading that I can treat sarcoptic mange with homeopathy and with a lime sulphur bath on the forum
Yes, Archie had sarcoptes, and that's what we did (Lyme Sulfur + homeopathy).

I brought it back from the rescue shelter where I worked at the time an another dog brought exposed him, so he received a double whammy!

@jenb dipped him weekly for ~6 weeks while he was treated constitutionally (not for Sarcoptes per se) with homeopathy.

We dipped him with stuff like this:

I believe revolution and some of the new drugs are the conventional ones of choice (if it even is Sarcops).

JamieK

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you this is helpful.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Jamie!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom