• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Worms and other goodies

denize

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi hi,
Natural solutions for worms and such? Both kitten appropriate and adult.
Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Strengthening intestinal immunity with a variety of fresh foods and probiotics is the best option.

There are lots of anti-parasite natural products available Denize, but none strengthens the underlying immune weakness.

And none that are totally safe for kittens under 8 weeks of age.

Pyrantel pamoate (Strongid) and fenbendazole (Panacur or Safegard) are readily available OTC and may be appropriate for the kitties. However they are medications.

This post may be helpful:

Also, this is one of the natural products that my clients have used successfully for coccidia and giardia (and other parasitic diarrheas):

denize

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you!
Dr. Ellen started them on the one that Kitten Lady recommends as well, so I think I will give them the second and third dose. Mom is on raw now and I will start her on probiotics as well. When the kittens start eating can they get a tiny sprinkle of probiotics too? Anything I can give mom for worms? Same as the kittens or is there a natural product that is ok for moms who are nursing?
Thanks!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
The kittens can definitely get probiotics.

Are you actually seeing worms? Or learning proactively what to do?

Have a stool sample done on the mom.

Even if it is negative, roundworms could be found in the kittens so check their stools at 8 weeks.

You then may want to start mom and kittens on the totally safe flower essence - Para-Outta-Site (jacksongalaxy.com) (Amazon.com : Jackson Galaxy Solutions Para Outta Site : Pet Supplies)

Building the mom's balance and vitality is the most important. If roundworms or other worms are detected they will be strong enough to get a dose of the medical wormer (Strongid or Panacur) or the one just for rounds - piperazine.

The Kochi free would only be if coccidia or giardia were diagnosed by a stool sample or fresh rectal sample.
Dr. Christina

denize

All-Access Member
Registered
I am not actively seeing worms. They had fleas and my local vet thought their bellies might indicate worms. They also used to live in a courtyard. Mom is ravenously hungry all the time and very slim which I've read can indicate worms as well.
I will have her stools checked.
Thank you!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom