• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Wolf Spider bite

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
My 8 year old 21 pound male Frenchie got bit by a wolf spider and is still not putting pressure on his paw 13 hours after. Any experience with wolf spider bites?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ouch! Sorry to hear about Shelton's paw.

How's his BEAM? Is his BEAM score above 8 despite his lameness and possibly being a bit sore in the paw?

If his BEAM dropped and is not already getting better then you may need to find a local vet or ER to examine him.

Did you give him any Apis 30 (or any potency)?

If not, it's not too late to do it using a pellet in a cup of water and givng a Q-tip dose every 30 minutes up to 3 doses.

BTW-welcome to the forum Michael. Thanks for making your first post.

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for the Quick reply Dr. Jeff.

Yes I dosed APIs mellifica 30c 10 doses every 15 mins first 3x and then every 30-45 mins. for 3more times

Seems to bear more weight on it and is faster on 3 paws.

Shelton’s behavior is ambitious to play and run and jump but reluctant still not bearing weight on paw but still wanting to play.

His energy is usually sleep day play night pattern with lots of water limited play but still grabbing toys in mouth

Appetite none hasn’t asked for food

Mood is clingy and wants to be touched

Uncertain how to gauge whether he is an 8 or below or above an 8

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for the Quick reply Dr. Jeff.

Yes I dosed APIs mellifica 30c 10 doses every 15 mins first 3x and then every 30-45 mins. for 3more times

Seems to bear more weight on it and is faster on 3 paws.

Shelton’s behavior is ambitious to play and run and jump but reluctant still not bearing weight on paw but still wanting to play.

His energy is usually sleep day play night pattern with lots of water limited play but still grabbing toys in mouth

Appetite none hasn’t asked for food

Mood is clingy and wants to be touched

Uncertain how to gauge whether he is an 8 or below or above an 8
Oh and I should’ve mentioned that was at 10:30ish last night when he got bit and we didn’t start giving him the homeopathic dosage until today after 2pm

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Good job Michael!

Do you have a higher potency of Apis? If not, perhaps try another series of 3 but using 20 succussions.

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Ok will do
Update
Shelton want to play hopping around on 3 legs great energy
Eating like a horse
Lick fest of attention
Stepping weight on paw every fourth step like clockwork
Itchy inflamed Red paws dripping eyes still issue
Little rash hind quarter hair loss patched the size of 5 dimes coins

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
I dosed as suggested and amazingly just after the second dose Shelton limping considerably less putting much more pressure on the leg when playing and full of energy! Thank you!

Dr.Jeff I’m planning a special trip to Connecticut to have you see Shelton to prepare for our trip to Mexico what is the best way to schedule this to be sure that you’re available before I purchase the plane tickets?

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Dr.Jeff I’m planning a special trip to Connecticut to have you see Shelton to prepare for our trip to Mexico what is the best way to schedule this to be sure that you’re available before I purchase the plane tickets?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
That's great to hear about Shelton's paw!

what is the best way to schedule this to be sure that you’re available before I purchase the plane tickets?

The best is for you to use the online scheduler and then send me a private message (by clicking the envelope icon just to the right of your name in the upper right of the page) on the forum right after you book the appointment but before you get a flight.

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
3BBC4E68-DDB4-4C3B-88F9-C2D851709018.jpegOk so my little buddy is BEAMing happy and full of energy eating like a wolfhound.
But sadly Shelton has lost much hair on the leg that was bitten by the spider. The loss has subsided and growing back.

I couldn’t tell the type spider thought it was a wolf spider because I see many but it was dark and quick. Some of my neighbors have reported Brown recluse spiders.
Uncertain if that may have effected the hair loss and redness.

Any suggestions for me here?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
More Apis!

Is the same leg he was limping on when you started this thread 6/11?

MichaelT

All-Access Member
Registered
Still worsening. I do remember this condition a few years back but only on my buddy’s frontal scalp, used ACV with quick results. I’m going to dilute and bath.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great idea!

Are you also using a Lumasoothe?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom