• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Trazadone

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I’m noticing this drug being prescribed more and more for anxiety. A few clients at my kennel are giving this at home so they bring to my kennel as well. I’m honking maybe the humans should be taking it instead of the dogs? Thoughts?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
I’m noticing this drug being prescribed more and more for anxiety. A few clients at my kennel are giving this at home so they bring to my kennel as well. I’m honking maybe the humans should be taking it instead of the dogs? Thoughts?
Thinking not honking

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Judy, I agree that the people might be "honking" but not thinking!:eek:

This being prescribed more both because of wider vet distribution of the drug and increasing animal anxieties due to worsening imbalances.

Related to vaccination and symptom suppression.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Are any of your customers willing to try non drug approaches for the anxiety?

maybe give them a handout of side effects of the drug and possible solutions - flower essences, acupressure, reiki...

Or would that make local vets not refer to you?

Dr. Chambreau

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Are any of your customers willing to try non drug approaches for the anxiety?

maybe give them a handout of side effects of the drug and possible solutions - flower essences, acupressure, reiki...

Or would that make local vets not refer to you?

Dr. Chambreau
A little of both but my customers appreciate alternatives

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I would be more than happy to substitute Trazadone for something more natural. This new dog I got, now called Blossom, has been on Trazadone for 3 weeks. I suppose I have to wean her off. I give her one tab twice a day. She WAS on 2.25 tabs twice a day which seems a whopping dose. She is 50lbs. Maybe by mistake, the shelter only gave me 14 pills which is 2 a day and not 4.5 a day. I have read it does no good. I had a dog in 2015 and gave it to him once and it made him worse. But I guess the drug has to be weaned when I asked my local vet about that. I was disappointed that the day I picked her up on Sept 30th, the shelter vet gave Blossom the Da2PP second shot. UGH, wish she could have avoided that dose. She will never get another one in her life now.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom