• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sundae ate some of her dog bed Monday evening - poop still weird

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
My 5 year old French Bulldog boston Terrier mix (19 lbs) decided to eat foam from her bed on Monday. She is only crated when we are not home and had had the same dog bed for months. The zipper must of opened up and she was nibbling on the memory foam. Monday evening before bed (10pm) she had soft poop, so I gave her Proviable KC paste. Tuesday morning at 4am we woke up to her throwing up, so threw up some of her snack from the night before and I noticed foam bedding in her throw up. I checked her crate and discovered she had eaten part of it. My husband took her outside and she pooped some foam. She puked again at 5am more foam bedding. She was looking to eat around 5:15am so I gave her a little bit of food, at 5:50am she puked again her food and foam bedding. She was acting normal and resting with me and then she puked again at 7:30am more foam bedding. She was acting normal and pooped around 9:30am and I noticed more foam in her poop. She was looking to eat around 11:30am so i gave her more paste, a little food and pumpkin. She pooped again at noon and i found more foam bedding. She was playing with her brother the majority of the day and then around 5pm she started to shake, and was looking for food. I gave her a small amount of food and pumpkin, she then puked around 5:30pm. I took her out around 6pm and she pooped again and found more foam bedding. I gave her some moringa and proviable paste at 6:30pm. I fed her a little bit of snack before bed and she was resting. She's been acting normal yesterday and today, she is drinking and playing, the only thing off is her poop. She has been having very soft poop in the evening. The proviable KC paste says to give it 48-72 hours, tonight will be her last dose. Is there some kind of homeopathic remedy to help with the situation? Or I was thinking of mixing some rice in addition to her pumpkin during her meals?

Edit: She just threw up again first time since Tuesday, but she ate some grass outside and it had some of her food. Should I be worried she might have a blockage even though she's been her crazy self the last 2-3 days?

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Gina-

I'm sorry to hear that Sundae decided to eat the foam.

Yes, a partial blockage is possible so I think an exam and x-ray is in order.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Gina-

Gina M.

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Gina-

:( Do you think I can wait for the morning and call her regular vet or take her to Cornell this evening? After she threw up she was looking for food again. She's currently chewing on her kong.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
As long as her BEAM is fine and she is hungry and holding down most food and water then a regular vet visit today would be great as this has been going on for a few days now.

Hopefully they'll find that she already passed all the foam and what we now need to "fine-tune" is how body's response to the dietary indiscretion of foam-eating.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom