• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Struvites found in cat urinalysis

AlexandraR

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello there,

My one year old cat had a urinalysis last week and there were struvites found in her urine. From what the vet told me, this means that she is getting too much phosphorus in her diet. I am feeding her The Honest Kitchen's dehydrated grain free chicken recipe (after being recommended by Anthony William) and she loves it!

Has anyone had experience with this? And does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of the struvite formations?

Thanks in advance,
Alexandra

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Alexandra!

Struvite crystals in the urine may be normal for your kitty.

Is she having any urinary symptoms?

How's her BEAM?

~1/8 cap of the Vimergy Micro-C and adding 1/8 cup of extra water to her diet (are you re-hydrating the HK?) can help reduce struvite crystals.

@Dr. Jean Hofve what do you think?

AlexandraR

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Alexandra!

Struvite crystals in the urine may be normal for your kitty.

Is she having any urinary symptoms?

How's her BEAM?

~1/8 cap of the Vimergy Micro-C and adding 1/8 cup of extra water to her diet (are you re-hydrating the HK?) can help reduce struvite crystals.

@Dr. Jean Hofve what do you think?
@Dr. Jeff, thanks for your response! She is not having urinary symptoms, we just happened to give her a urinalysis due to something unrelated. Her BEAM is great and normal.

We are rehydrating the HK the way the box tells you to, so I think she is getting enough water. I will try your suggestions.

Thanks again!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom