• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Spot throwing up after diet change

AngieH

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello @Dr. Jeff Jeff! I need help with my dog Spot
  1. Spot
  2. 1 year & 4 months
  3. Male
  4. Not neutered
  5. French Bulldog
  6. 22 lbs
  7. Strong energy, happy, very interested, food motivated, but throwing up.
  8. Recently changed his food (right after our call with Dr. Jeff) went from Primal frozen raw duck, to SmallBatch frozen raw beef Sunday 13 Aug, then changed to SmallBatch frozen raw chicken 16 Aug.
  9. Vaccines - Baby 1st round was done, that is all. None otherwise were ever gotten.
  10. He was throwing up "sometimes" here and there. I recently changed his food after the call wit Dr. Jeff to introduce "variety" and upgrade his food from Primal to SmallBatch. And since changing his food he's been throwing up daily and during the middle of the night. He also has been pooping less than usual. I am not sure if this is because I "abruptly" changed the food? He's also since had a phenomena of shaking his head very suddenly as though he's trying to shake something out of it. This has only been happening since Sunday 13 Aug. (Video attached below)
  11. Worse since diet change, not sure what to do? Revert back to previous diet? Or gradually change it over. Or how do I find out if he's allergic to beef or chicken...

Attachments

• IMGSPOT.MOV
    4.8 MB

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your post Angela.

Yes, an abrupt change in diet can trigger vomiting. Especially since Spot already had a tendency to vomit.

The general vet strategy for vomiting is called NPO (nothing per os). This just means no food or water.

However, before deciding what to do, it's important to first evaluate his BEAM.

How's his BEAM been since the vomiting started?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom