• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Senior Cat with inflamed liver & intestines

Jessica McC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello,

I brought my cat Sam who is a 17 year old siamese mix breed cat, to the vet recently to look into why he has had a long history of going #2 outside of the litter box.
I have had a feeling for quite some time that Sam has IBS, since he sometimes yowels when he goes #2.

They did a blood panel and said the results were that everything looked ok except for markers that indicated some sort of infection could be happening as well as some liver issues.

We did a round of antibiotics, and rechecked his blood and they were the same, so I chose to do an ultrasound.

The results from the ultrasound were that his liver was inflamed as well as his intestines.

The vets recommendations are the following:
- Put him on a hydrolyzed protein vet formula diet for cats with allergies
- Give him antibiotics for 2 months to treat the liver issue
- Put him on steroids for his intestinal issues

I told the vet I was going on holiday and needed some time. But really I just wanted to do more research into what else going be done. The hydrolyzed protein vet formula has in my opinion poor ingredients in it, and I've never been one for hash pharmaceuticals.

I've recently cut out the Kibble from Sam & his brother Roger's diet. They're both doing ok, but haven't been going #2 and it's been concerning me. I've been slowly starting to add in some freeze dried and some frozen raw foods by Primal.

Next for Sam, I have been looking at the following for his Liver issues, although I don't know what to do for the IBS yet. I haven't tried anything yet because I'm still gathering information:

- Rx Vitamins Chicken Flavor Liquid Hepato for Pets

- Vetri-Science Dmg Liquid 30Ml, 100mg
- Daily Multi Plus for Dogs & Cats

I'm also wondering if Sam has an allergy to fish? He has been on a fish heavy diet his whole life, but I was reading Dr. F say that fish can trigger a Histamine reaction, which I think may be accurate for Sam. Could that have something to do with his IBS issues?

Thank you for any information you can provide to help me, help Sam. He's old and I just want to help him have a good last part of his life.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Jessica-
I just want to help him have a good last part of his life.
Yes! This the most important part of deciding what to do for any living being (including us).

Maintaining a re-growth mindset will help you live in that space.

Unfortunately, symptoms, dis-eases and diagnoses do just the opposite. They nurture a fixed mindset and limit our thoughts and actions.

It's very helpful to do exactly what you did when faced with choices such as using a particular anti-biotic, or starting an anti-inflammatory, etc.

My advice is to focus on Sam and Roger's BEAM. And concentrate on taking any action that makes them super happy and results in their BEAMing.??

Things like petting and loving them up to help stimulate purring (and repeating "I love you"), any kind of playing (Da Bird is great for this), special treats like tiny bits of freeze dried heart, playing the hunt for treats game (scattter the treats and let them hunt them out) etc.

The more you focus on these things, the better their internal balance becomes with a concomitant reduction in abnormal symptoms.

Happiness helps them align with nature to feel the universal cellular joy that will help them live good lives.

PS-Great work with cutting out the dry food! The less frequent (and smaller) stools is fine and common.

?

Jessica McC

All-Access Member
Registered
Ok, thank you.

What are some approaches to dealing with inflammation in the intestines and liver? Is there a specific diet or supplements that are best to try for these issues?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
The best approaches for inflammation anywhere in the body are energy treatments.

A homeopathic or TCVM trained vet.

Lisa Spector's music or discover what music he likes the best.

Energy methods
  1. Reiki - usually local classes. Kathleen Prasad (speaker at Holistic Actions) has you tube videos to start you even before taking a class - Animal Reiki Source | Let Animals Lead® | Kathleen Prasad
  2. WEBB - Whole Energy Body Balance (WEBB) | A healing somatic bodywork modality (will be on Holistic Actions Jan 16 2023)
  3. HOME - Bengston Research - Buy the book - Energy Cure and read the appendix. (He spoke at Holistic Actions March 2022)
  4. HTA - Healing Touch for Animals Carol Komitar will be speaking at Holistic Actions in 2023)
  5. theta healing, reconnective healing, shaman work and many more are very powerful as well
And, as Dr. Jeff, finding ways to have the most fun and happiness with each other.
Dr. Christina

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom