• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Recurrent ear infection

ViktoriiaP

Registered
Hi Everyone!

My dog is black lab named Toby who is going to be 4 years old in July. He consistently getting recurrent ear infections (see pics). Right now he has it in his left ear again (last time it was a month ago and we took him to the vet where they of course did the antibiotics). It’s red, and he is shaking his head a lot. What can I do to help him now, holistically? I don’t want to get him antibiotics again since it’s not helping.

p.s. a month ago we switched him to a fresh diet, so I’m hoping this will help in a long run.

Thank you!

64E0D7A7-891B-4558-A775-AEC7F2E19421.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Viktoriia-

How's Toby's BEAM in spite of his ear symptoms?

Has he had allergy symptoms, ear inflammations or other "unrelated" symptoms in the past?

The natural supplement quercetin is great for helping ear problems and other allergy symptoms.

ViktoriiaP

Registered
Hi, Dr. Jeff,

Thank you for your response! Toby BEAM seems to be completely normal, eating find and very active as usual. I did read the resource library section this morning and found some info on ear infections, so I put colloidal silver in his ears this morning and it seemed to help! The ear is not as red anymore and he is not constantly shaking his head.

Question on quercitin supplement. Is it the one I get just online? Like it’s the one that can be used for humans as well?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Viktoriia.

Yes, and yes!

ViktoriiaP

Registered
9C760229-CC8E-4512-82CA-5B3E87A8328F.jpegYW Viktoriia.

Yes, and yes!
Hi Dr. Jeff,

Update on Toby’s ears: he is not shaking his head anymore, but the ear is still a bit red and I know see some wounds there too (please see pics). He is otherwise acting and eating normal. What would you recommend I do? I’ve beeb doing colloidal silver once a day, giving him quertecin supplement, and cleaning the ear with apple cider vinegar + hydrogen peroxide. Is there anything else I should do? How long does it take to heal?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
What would you recommend I do?
Supportive care + homeopathy.

Is there anything else I should do?
Yes, energy building!!

Does Toby's fresh diet include any raw food or heart?

Does he use a snuffle mat or get 1 hour of Therapeutic Sniff Walks (any kind of outdoor sniffing and exploring activity)?

These actions and increasing his happiness (and BEAMing) all increase cellular energy and his ability to heal (including the inflammatory nodule sores in his ear).

ViktoriiaP

Registered
Thank you! What kind of homeopathy can I do?

Yes. He gets fresh meat and bones and hearts too. But we only started a month ago, exactly when he got another round of antibiotics for his ear.

ViktoriiaP

Registered
I just Belladonna for him. What would be the dosage I give him? And how often? Thank you so much ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Viktoriia (about the homeopathic medicine)!

I was about to say that depends on the context, and then your Belladonna post popped up!

I think that the very best way, in many situations, to use the Bell is to give just 1 dose to start.

This single test dose is important for 3 big reasons:

1.It will hep determine if Toby is super sensitive to the remedy (if he is, multiple doses could make him worse), 2. It allows a very careful (and scientific) evaluation of the effect and duration of the dose
3. It gives his body a chance to show new symptom clues in case he needs a different remedy

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom