• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Re-introducing Sibling Cats

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
Hoping Dr. Jean Hofve will see this!

My friends’ cat got out last September and we never found her nor did she find her way back home. Cappadocia was an inside cat who got out through a screen that her true sibling brother, Hamilton, ripped.

Cappadocia is around 7 years old, female, and spayed. She and Hamilton are from the same litter.

A woman 1/2 mile away from my friends’ home has been feeding her on her back porch and finally decided to take her to a vet to see if she was chipped. She is and my friends got a call Thursday that their cat had been found.

Question: Re-introduce as if Cappadocia was a brand new cat? I have Dr. Jean’s article on introducing. Anything different in this case?

She also has fleas which I can manage for them although it may change how to re-introduce.

Thanks so much!

Kristen

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Wow, how wonderful that she was found!! 🥰

Be sure fleas are fully resolved prior to any physical contact, site or scent swapping (eggs can cling to anything and easily be spread!).

Yes, exact same procedure as for any other new cat!

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
Wow, how wonderful that she was found!! 🥰

Be sure fleas are fully resolved prior to any physical contact, site or scent swapping (eggs can cling to anything and easily be spread!).

Yes, exact same procedure as for any other new cat!
Thank you so much!!! It is truly amazing.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom