• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Rabies vaccine

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff Good morning. Both Siren and Murphy had rabies titers done and results came back with Less than 0.1 IU/ml Immunity. Is there anyway around getting the vaccine? Neither one of us wants to vaccinate our dogs. Let me know as soon as you can, Murphy has an appointment this morning. Siren doesn’t expire until Sept so I have a little time. Thanks

NancyK

Community Member
Registered
Can you just not get it? Mine are 15 and 16 and I have skirted around it since age 1.

Nancy

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
Can you just not get it? Mine are 15 and 16 and I have skirted around it since age 1.

Nancy
Yes, except they are both therapy dogs and of course to renew their certification we have to provide current rabies vaccine. We are just looking for options.

NancyK

Community Member
Registered
Yes, except they are both therapy dogs and of course to renew their certification we have to provide current rabies vaccine. We are just looking for options.
Good luck. So terrible how we have to try to get around this.

Nancy

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Is there anyway around getting the vaccine?
Great question Whit. The state vet can grant a 1 year exemption. However, she'll only do that if there is a bad dis-ease or a history of a serious vaccine reaction in the past.

There is no other legal way.

Ideally, any dog getting vaccinated would be evaluated for EWS prior to and after the vaccine to make sure that they are energetically balanced.

And treated individually (not routinely with Thuja or Lyssin) with homeopathy before and after.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom