• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Rabies Vaccination .. timing

GretchenB

Community Member
Registered
hi there! so i am still debating whether to go the titer route for my dogs rabies, or get the vaccine. She is 6 years out from her 3 year that she got at 1 year old... The other issue is we are traveling friday night ... and the vaccine would be given Wednesday. Is that way too close to the time we travel? (we are flying domestically and do not need proof of rabies to fly delta).
thoughts? We will be gone about a week.. and she will be with me at all times ....

as far as the titer., the vet said she thinks rabies titer is ~ 300.00?! aren't there other places that titer check for less? Can i get the blood and then send out myself? or does this have to be shipped from the vets office? can titers be done w/ hair or saliva?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome to HA! Gretchen. Thanks so much for making your first post!
Is that way too close to the time we travel? (we are flying domestically and do not need proof of rabies to fly delta).
Yes.
as far as the titer., the vet said she thinks rabies titer is ~ 300.00?! aren't there other places that titer check for less?
Yes.
Can i get the blood and then send out myself?
The vet can draw the blood then you send it to Hemopet and Dr. Dodds.
or does this have to be shipped from the vets office?
The vet may prefer to ship it from there (they may not want to send a "biological specimen" (the blood) out of the office with you.
can titers be done w/ hair or saliva?

No.

GretchenB

Community Member
Registered
Thankyou so much! ok .. so - i looked at the Hemopet site.. and could not locate protocol for shipping? where might i find that, and perhaps located on this forum somewhere? Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Gretchen.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom