• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Psorinum

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
My 12 year old dog has been struggling with major skin, ear issues for over year now.
Two homeopath vets.
Hypothyroidism. 48 lbs. .8 daily thyro tabs
Two food allergy test done, conflicted! Dodd’s and glacier peak
Feed her homemade. Lightly cooked as I’ve found works best for her.
Sulphur 200c. Last year. Put her over the edge. Looked like a mange filled dog off the streets.
Conventional meds after this. Antibiotic and anti fungal for weeks. Never totally cleared. And returned after stopping. Of course, as I’ve learned here.
Rhus tox 1m, past
Lyco 1m, past
Merc, pulsatilla, silica, past. And I think some other/s not coming to mind at moment.
Reiki, past
Acupuncture, past
Chiropractor, present
Iodum 30c present
Thyro tabs, .8 present
I have gotten paorinum30c from Hahnemann labs
Feeling very cautious about trying this
Was advised to try giving her 4 pellets by mouth two times for one day and wait.
I am hoping, looking for support in anyway for her.
Any feelings, thoughts, experience with psorinum?
Thank you!

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
We don't have enough information about your dog to know if Psorinum fits her case.
We have this information: hypothyroid, skin and ear problems with bacterial and fungal overgrowth, multiple homeopathic medicines, overreaction to Sulphur.

To choose homeopathic medicines we need to know the essence of the dog: what she is like, what makes the situation better and worse, what is different when she is well / ill, temperature / food / weather / location preferences.
We also need to know about concurrent problems, the development of the problems, and the nature of the lesions.
Prescribing for skin problems is complex because the skin is the reflection of internal health. I am most diligent in prescribing when a patient has skin problems, and I put intense study into the choice of the homeopathic medicine.

There is a specific symptom picture for Psorinum. As a miasmatic nosode, Psorinum acts deeply. It is also one of the homeopathic medicines, like Sulphur, which has more of a tendency to proving symptoms, so I am certain that it fits the case well before I prescribe it.
I would suggest that you discuss this with a homeopathic vet that you trust.

Carol L.

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi dr Sara. Thank you for your reply!
I did have understanding of what information is needed for remedy choices.
I did not go into detail, as I did not think this was the place to do so?
I have worked with homeo vets, and as Dr Chambreau has said, there is no right or wrong,,,,or one clear answer. I have been guided, tried, and guessed and been there, so to speak. Did the fasting. Did the veggie diet.
Sulphur, pulsatilla seems to fit Emma’s pic??? But she is very chilly girl.
So psorinum has come to front. Came up year ago, before sulphur 200c was given. I guess i was reaching,out for info as to experiences with it. You have given me the information I have been feeling. It is deep, can create proving. This has been difficult. I do not feel conventional meds are the best, I do not want to do that to her. But running out of quality answers, guide?
Just gonna ask,,,do you do phone appt vet work also?
Thank you much again.

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
I only work with patients that I can examine. I tried remote consults years ago, and didn't feel that I was able to do good work.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom