• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Opinions wanted on Nature's Logic Lightly Cooked dog food

DanielleDL

All-Access Member
Registered
The local pet store I go to has a bunch of Nature's Logic Lightly Cooked dog food that a customer ordered and then ended up not wanting. She's going to discount them, so it might be a good money saving opportunity for me, but I've never used the product. Any opinions as to whether to give it a try? Bobby is currently eating Farmers Dog (frozen cooked fresh) and I will be transitioning him to raw, but will probably go 50/50 raw/cooked fresh for a while.

TLDR: Any opinions on the Nature's Logic Lightly Cooked dog food (in the frozen tubes)?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Danielle!

Thanks for asking this great question!!

I have not recently looked at Nature's Logic, but would be happy to do so.

However, they have previously had a good rep. and used good sources.

Since the goal is Bobby being able to eat a wide variety of food (the more variety the better) so this sounds like a good opportunity.

DanielleDL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff
Thanks for the response! I love the idea of a varied diet, mostly because I love shopping for Bobby, and, in this case, you never know when you're going to stumble on a good deal. :D I used to protein switch every couple days with his frozen fresh cooked Ollie, and Bobby responded well. Being able to jump from sale to sale is a great way to stock convenient, high quality food while I learn more about making my own. Thanks again!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I'll put in a strong vote for variety: cooked, raw, any kind, over time, every day, lots of different stuff, or same thing for a few weeks if you get a bargain. Also give some thought to varying portion size, as well as the time of day you feed, and even skip some days, or feed a tiny bit only. The digestive system thrives on changeups:) - although, of course, if you've been feeding the same way for ages, there are gonna be objections, both conscious and internal. Roll with the punches:)

DanielleDL

All-Access Member
Registered
@GinnyW - Great advice! We've only had Bobby 6 months, so he's still pretty much of a clean slate at this point and has been eating quite a variety of foods as we find out which direction we're going (so I guess I'll keep going in the high variety direction! :D) I like the varying portion size idea, and time of day always seems to jump around, so that's covered. I don't think I could handle the skipping days (and I could see Bobby protesting too), but I don't think he'd notice if I reduced the amount significantly occasionally. Yes, changing things up just feels more natural. "Roll with the punches." Ain't that the truth! :D

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom