• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

New freeze dried recipes by Green Juju

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Green Juju is introducing limited ingredients (organ-dense and grass-fed meat (with higher omega 3)) freeze dried food! (Freeze-Dried Raw Diet). You can find the product launch video on their Facebook page. I was concerned about HPP but this video shed some [new] light on HPP:

What do you think?

Last edited:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
No time to watch now, as I am at the Global Pet Expo. I will go to Billy's booth tomorrow and talk with him.

I trust him a lot.

@Dr. Jean Hofve - can you give your opinion on the above presentation, please?
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
No, it doesn't change my thinking about HPP as my thoughts are that HPP does reduce vitamin V (vitality).

They do not mention energy and vitality in this presentation because there is no way to measure it except as calories.

Prana, Chi and the vital force can not be measured by nutrient %, bioavailability, bacterial species, etc.

Not even when A.G.Es are measured (perhaps ask Billy if they measured AGEs in the food this Christina?).

Anitra Frazier helped verify this clinically observable difference during her webinar when she mentioned the difference she saw between pets fed commercial raw (often HPP) and home-prepared (non-HPP) raw.

I think it's fine to use for snuffle mat treats or even regular feeding as part of the variety.

BTW-Dr. Christina, if Small Batch is there, I'd appreciate if you ask them whether they use HPP for any of their freeze-dried (or other) foods.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
vitamin V (vitality).

They do not mention energy and vitality in this presentation because there is no way to measure it except as calories.

Prana, Chi and the vital force can not be measured by nutrient %, bioavailability, bacterial species, etc.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Wish I could be there!

Could you also ask if he'd recommend offering the freeze dried food as treats (for snuffle sessions)? Or what do you think? (I'll then reduce her regular meal intake if these are given as treats for that purpose.)
Freeze dried is great for snuffle mats.
I will ask tomorrow about small Batch.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Christine! I'd also love to know.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I got confusing report from small batch. maybe you could just call them, Christine. I will follow up with them soon.

Dr. Christina

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
I reached out to SmallBatch and this is what they provided:

Hi there! Our raw food is not processed with HPP. For freeze dried products though, we have had a combination of HPP and non-HPP products on the market due to changing market conditions and our partner’s new facility protocols. While we search for alternative suppliers that do not HPP freeze-dried, it is likely that our freeze-dried products (with the exception of hearts) will remain HPP’d.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for sharing this great info. Christine!

Yay for freeze dried hearts!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom