• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Neutering Male Dog

StephanieC

All-Access Member
Registered
Our puppy Cooper is 6mo and we are looking into the question of dog reproductive issues. I went through the resources on the topic in the HA and also saw the webinar with Dr Sarah. Its interesting and good to know that Sweden (and even UK to a certain extent) have largely intact dogs. We aren't sure what we will do but we want to learn about vasectomy as an option. From reviewing HA it seems like it has least impact on the animals broader health. Do you have any suggestions for vets who do this procedure so we can talk to them? If @Dr. Jeff or any of the vets on this forum can be consulted for this procedure, that will be ideal. Cooper goes to Aspectuck Animal Hospital in New Milford, CT but we are not sure if they do procedure and in anycase we prefer to stay with HA if we can. My HMDM with @Dr. Jeff is 6/21, so if better to wait, can talk then too. We werent sure if we do this we need to do by a certain time?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
No, there is no time urgency, as his hormones will be unaffected - this is the goal of the procedure. There is a lovely FB group called Ovary Sparing Spay and Vasectomy Info Group which can provide all the info - and vet recommendations, too - that you could need. There is every reason to keep him whole, and no downside. He will be stronger, healthier, better coat, better temperament, among other general benefits. Go read:)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes Mike, there is no time urgency.

I don't know anyone in your area that does a vasectomy procedure, but Dr. Trish at Aspetuck might.

What's your HMDM Goal for Cooper getting neutered/having the vasectomy??

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes Mike, there is no time urgency.

I don't know anyone in your area that does a vasectomy procedure, but Dr. Trish at Aspetuck might.

What's your HMDM Goal for Cooper getting neutered/having the vasectomy??
Hi Mike,
Gold Coast Mobile Vet does vasectomy's and Ovary Sparing Spays. They have a mobile Surgical van and come to you. I think I have seen others mention them on this forum.
Services & Pricing

Jackie

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks Jackie!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom