• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Multiple bee stings reaction/post treatment

ViktoriiaP

Registered
Hi Everyone!

My dog is black lab, Toby, who is 4 years old. We went for a hike today to our usual location where he loves to run around off the leash and swim. But today he got stung by multiple bees which were crawling all over and inside his fur. I took 5 of them out right there but saw that there were many more inside the fur too. Then 5 minutes later he threw up and I just saw on his face that he is not feeling well. He had to be carried back to the car to run to the emergency room because he was barely breathing but still responsive. When we just got there, the doctor said that we got there “on time, as he was in critical conditions”.

He is there now for the night, but feeling much better as per vet doctor. They gave him Benadryl right away and some fluids, maybe steroids too. He still has a tiny bit low white blood cells and a bit dehydrated (that’s what the doctor said now).

He also had ear infection prior to getting stung and I knew that and was treating it at home naturally, just like I did for his other ear that was healed. Now I’m afraid they will give antibiotics for that too.. but not sure. No one said anything about it.

I guess my question is, after all of this, how can I help him to heal at home? What can I do to make it better for him and to help recovery?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
how can I help him to heal at home? What can I do to make it better for him and to help recovery?
I'm super sorry to hear about Toby's bee stings Viktoriia.

Regarding how to best support him, the first thing to see is how he is when he gets home from the ER.

Most young dogs who get serious bee bites do very well and get back to normal quickly.

Then read more and learn about the homeopathic medicine Apis, It is commonly helpful after a bug bite.

Apis (made from honeybees) is one of the 4 Awe-some A emergency homeopathic medicine to learn more about and always have around (especially when you go to a park, for a hike, etc.)

@aruna , I'd appreciate if you point Viktoriia to some awe-some A resources in the member area.

ViktoriiaP

Registered
I'm super sorry to hear about Toby's bee stings Viktoriia.

Regarding how to best support him, the first thing to see is how he is when he gets home from the ER.

Most young dogs who get serious bee bites do very well and get back to normal quickly.

Then read more and learn about the homeopathic medicine Apis, It is commonly helpful after a bug bite.

Apis (made from honeybees) is one of the 4 Awe-some A emergency homeopathic medicine to learn more about and always have around (especially when you go to a park, for a hike, etc.)

@aruna , I'd appreciate if you point Viktoriia to some awe-some A resources in the member area.

Thank you! He is much better and we will be picking him up from the hospital in couple hours! They said I will have to continue him on steroids and Benadryl, not sure how long, since I haven’t gotten instructions yet.

For homeopathic Apis, would you recommend the power 30 or 200?

Thank you! It was really scary yesterday but thank God, Toby is recovering quickly ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom