• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

MOLD related nasal and eye discharge

JessicaDLC

Community Member
Registered
My 14 year old cat Bobby has swelling right above the bridge of his nose ( more pronounced on the right side) and his right eye looks smaller than the left. He has been sneezing for a while and recently found out there's very high levels of Aspergillus/Penicillium (over 3000 ct/m³)in the household. Bobby got worse overnight. Now he has clear discharge of his right eye and bits of what looks like dried out blood below his nostrils. He didn't want to eat this morning. Just came our of the vet. He has a slight fever. The x-rays taken today showed his chest and lungs are cleaned. head CT Scan and possible tissue samples were recommended to confirm diagnosis. A less expensive option I was given is to treat him with an antifungal medication, which it could be for up to 6 months and to monitor his liver along with it. The vet obviously feels more comfortable if we get a definite diagnosis first to rule out cancer. @Dr. Jeff I'm attaching the blood report taken a week ago. I'm moving Bobby out of household today. Will removing him from exposure be enough at this point to help him, or what else can I try? Thank you!

aruna

Cat mom
Administrator
All-Access Member
@JessicaD, sorry to hear about Bobby, that sounds scary - I hope you get some insights from our veterinarians soon. In the meantime - just wanted to doublecheck if you sent the bloodwork to Dr. Jeff personally or forgot to attach it to your post? You can still do it if so.
In the meantime, you can always apply our happiness protocol to support Bobby's natural healing.
And here are a few webinars on detoxing you may find useful (none of them are specifically on mold, but it's the same principal):

JessicaDLC

Community Member
Registered
@aruna, thank you for your response. I'm going to send the blood report to Dr. Jeff directly. I thought I had attached it but maybe didn't do it properly. I'll check out the happiest protocol and webinar suggestions. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jessica!

Sorry about Bobby's super scary symptom.

Aruna hit the nail on the head about what you can do that will address his nose swelling (or any immune phenomenon). These two actions, along with what we discussed yesterday, will also smooth his transition to his new home.

Are you using any extra fiber in his food (to help him detox)? If you're not already using one, here's the one I use in my practice:

Please update us within two weeks or with any questions you have.

JessicaDLC

Community Member
Registered
Hey Jessica!

Sorry about Bobby's super scary symptom.

Aruna hit the nail on the head about what you can do that will address his nose swelling (or any immune phenomenon). These two actions, along with what we discussed yesterday, will also smooth his transition to his new home.

Are you using any extra fiber in his food (to help him detox)? If you're not already using one, here's the one I use in my practice:

Please update us within two weeks or with any questions you have.
Thank you for your response @Dr. Jeff. Just ordered the fiber product you suggested. How much should I give him and how often?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It depends (on his bowels and other GI symptoms).

About 1/8-4 scoop/day is average for most kitties.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom