• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Matey's food - ear issue

LisaA

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Christina - I really want to help my dog heal her ear issue.
She is a golden retriever, not sure 100% because she is a rescue, and she is small only 47 pounds.
I feed her Purina Pro Plan Veterinary Diets DRM Dermatologic Management Naturals Formula Dry Dog Food.
I also give her Grizzly Salmon Plus Omega Fatty Acids Food Supplement for Dogs & Cats (Various Sizes) - Wild-Sourced Salmon Oil, Omega 3-6-9 - I give her 3 pumps every day.

What can I feed her, that would be better for her? Can that help her ears? I just can't believe that there is no answer on how to heal her ear issue.

1621101970218.png

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Yes, Lisa, there are many possible answers for ear problems. Because these are external symptoms (skin), it can sometimes take longer to get a complete cure. The good news is that there are lots of different, safe ways to give her some relief.

What is her name?

How much do the ears bother her? Can she still chase balls, eat, and go on fun sniff walks? That is what we call BEAM (Behavior, energy, appetite, Mood). If these are good, you can definitely start with improving the diet. The more fresh food you feed, the better. There are LOTS of posts about feeding fresh here at Holistic Actions!, starting with the fundamental on nutrition!

If you do not want to try different approaches that you can learn to do yourself (ear washes, flower essences, herbs and more), you can schedule an appointment with a veterinarian who does chiropractic, chinese medicine or homeopathy. Resolving the ear problem this was will generally improve health for the rest of her life.

Reading this document will make you much more hopeful and positive.

Where do you live, Lisa? Maybe someone in the HA! community knows a great holistic vet there.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lisa, welcome to HA! and thanks for making your first post.

Yes, diet can absolutely help your adorable pup!

Fresh (vs. processed) food has higher bio-available energy to help optimize cellular function and reduce ear symptoms

As Dr. Christina wrote, you can learn lots of other other healing strategies in the Holistic Fun-damentals course.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I second - third?- the recommendation for some nice fresh food:) And lots of nice sniff-walks to keep her interest high. Ear issues are pretty common; the ears are one of the body's favorite places to show us there is an imbalance going on. The good part is that as the body becomes healthier the ear stuff will resolve, and in the meantime the presence of ear symptoms just shows us that we have a little work to do yet.

LisaA

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, Lisa, there are many possible answers for ear problems. Because these are external symptoms (skin), it can sometimes take longer to get a complete cure. The good news is that there are lots of different, safe ways to give her some relief.

What is her name?

How much do the ears bother her? Can she still chase balls, eat, and go on fun sniff walks? That is what we call BEAM (Behavior, energy, appetite, Mood). If these are good, you can definitely start with improving the diet. The more fresh food you feed, the better. There are LOTS of posts about feeding fresh here at Holistic Actions!, starting with the fundamental on nutrition!

If you do not want to try different approaches that you can learn to do yourself (ear washes, flower essences, herbs and more), you can schedule an appointment with a veterinarian who does chiropractic, chinese medicine or homeopathy. Resolving the ear problem this was will generally improve health for the rest of her life.

Reading this document will make you much more hopeful and positive.

Where do you live, Lisa? Maybe someone in the HA! community knows a great holistic vet there.
Dr. Christina
Her name is Matey, like Ahoy Matey.

Her Beam is mostly this:

Ears are pinker than usual
Head is slightly tilted and occasional scratching or head shaking
Angle of ears differ from side to side
Ears give off a semi strong, yeasty odor
Waxy substance begins to build up around the ear folds and deeper in ear canal.

I live in Jacksonville Florida.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom