• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Looking for vet in Northern CT (East Windsor area) or Springfield MA

LisaAr

Community Member
Registered
I am trying to find a holistic vet in the East Windsor, CT area into Springfield, MA. I already looked on the AHVA. My previous vet was Dr. Tobin. I went through this forum for other vets and found a list of mobile vets but they all practice near NY or on I-95 corridor. I want the vet to not push the vaccines and respect that we are more holistic in our approach to pet care.

If you know of anyone, I'd appreciate it.

Lisa

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

LisaAr

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff,

Yes, I called and left a message. I looked through their website but they seems to push a lot of regular medication including the prescriptions of Symparica that Oakley was on previously. I have not heard back from them.

I also called and left a message at Landau Veterinary Services in Belchertown, MA. The use many forms of alternative medicine. I'm hoping they call back tomorrow. I've looked through the forum but all the other ones listed only service the southern part of the state or NY area. I have also looked through how to select the integrative holistic veterinarian.

I'm having some vets tell me they will work with me with not fully vaccinating but that they will "keep informing" me of the vaccines. It's still the attitude of do as I tell you to do vs. let's work together for the benefit of the pup.

I'll keep trying.

Lisa

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Got, it thanks for letting me know Lisa.

Most vets (even some "holistic" ones) recommend the conventional preventatives and other meds. What really matters tho is that they are willing to work with you to help support Oakley.

Here's another holistically-oriented vet who will also recommend conventional meds but should be supportive:

They even worked with Dr. Hermans (a vet homeopath friend and colleague). She's now working here:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom