• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Lola high ph in urine

jumstead1023

VIP Member
Registered
Lola is a 12 year old Labrador who recently had surgery for mast cell tumor on back leg. She is on a fresh raw diet and is a therapy/police comfort dog who goes to work with me each day. Her BEAM is great although I noticed her licking herself recently since her surgery.
When I took her in for her suture removal I had them get a urine sample (so not first morning urine). The PH was 8.5 and trace protein. Results attached
Ideas?

IMG_2495.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
No worries here!

If her BEAM drops or she starts having frequent or difficult urination, perhaps repeat the urinalysis. And if you do then also ask for a "UPC" test (urine protein:creatinine ratio) which is the best way to define any protein in the urine is an issue.

Also, perhaps see if she can tolerate some vitamin C which is a great immune booster and can help lower the urine pH. Here's the vitamin C I use:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom