• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Growth in dog's mouth - Lola

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
This is my 10 year old Labradors mouth. When I first saw this a few weeks ago I thought it was from her top tooth. Now it is larger and reddish. Please advise.

7332F931-5279-44D3-9816-60260BBC0FA5.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How's her BEAM?

Are there any other symptom changes, doses or treatments since (or before) this started growing)?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
How's her BEAM?

Are there any other symptom changes, doses or treatments since (or before) this started growing)?
Her BEAM is great and no change. No treatment at all because at first I thought is was an abrasion from her top tooth. Now is changed to red and a bit larger.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I would wait and check it occasionally as long as eating fine and not pawing mouth. might be epulis.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Judy, I think the first step is to go to your local vet to have it checked out. Then decide when you have more info.

Yes, it could have been started by the irritation and inflammation from the top canine rubbing on the area.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
It could be but it is also possibly just a pink-red piece of tissue. Feeling it would help.

What does it feel like to you? Part of her lip of an obvious round bump?

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
The vet wasn’t too worried but no definite diagnosis. Wants to put on cefpodoxime 200 mg for ten days. If it doesn’t go away then they Recomended removing under general anesthesia .

jumstead1023

All-Access Member
Registered
Isn’t this the old “not sure what it is but let’s try antibiotics and see if it changes?”

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Ionbox, energy building methods (like more therapy work, more time with the snuffle mat and doubling her sniffaris) homeopathy and closely monitoring.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes!

A new remedy based on her totality of symptoms is a great idea!!

Let's choose one at her next recheck.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Most importantly, when not measuring and recording about the lump in the journal or here on the forum, ignore it. When you mind thinks of it, say "next thought" and focus on happy, joy, wonderful dog.

No surgery yet. No antibiotics (not indicated).

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom