• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Lipomas + ear infection 9 yr old lab

HillaryA

Registered
Labrador, 9 years old, good appetite - always hungry, over past 2 months decreased energy, mood is calm, sweet, when he does have energy playful. He goes for 2 walks a day usually in the country.
Began developing lipomas in 2019 after receiving a few vaccines. Now he has many. Large hanging lipoma removed from his left chest in September which the whole experience aged him, he was so traumatized. It breaks my heart.
I believe the antibiotics from that are contributing now to further lipomas and ear infections.
I try to bring in more wild meat into his diet, berries and fresh food. But they don’t seem to be slowing down. I also want to help maintain healthy ears. He just completed a round of ear drops but I believe he lost some of his hearing from the ear infections.
Any advice?

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Bringing in fresh food is a great start. Also any of the energy approaches you can do from home. Keep doing the country walks as he is able, and lots of slow sniffing when too tired. Maybe do any other quiet things he likes (shake hands, etc). Massage/TTouch with intent to be healthy. Work on your intentions - see Bernie Siegel's empower hour. Laugh a lot together.

Lipomas are the body's way of detoxing so can be hard to resolve completely with holistic approaches. As you did, only do surgery if they impede activity. Even Amy and Nancy of Tall Grass Acupressure had to eventually remove one in their 13 year old Lab. They did acupressure from when he first got them at age 3 or so.

With the multiple issues and decreased quality of life, I would start immediately working with a veterinarian trained in homeopathy, great Chinese medicine and also try some chiropractic as support. Many vets offer multiple other holistic treatments, even virtually.

Go to How to Select an Integrative Holistic Veterinarian - Holistic Actions! for a great article explaining why you need to go to all the different modalities websites and what to be looking for. If you still are not sure, use your 15 min Q/A live session with Dr. Jeff or myself.

Be sure you have taken the Holistic Health for Pets 101 class, too.

Then, under member library, click on the boxes for aging, cancer/tumors, ears, homeopathy, vitality & balance and do a search for "energy medicine".

Dr. Chambreau

HillaryA

Registered
Bringing in fresh food is a great start. Also any of the energy approaches you can do from home. Keep doing the country walks as he is able, and lots of slow sniffing when too tired. Maybe do any other quiet things he likes (shake hands, etc). Massage/TTouch with intent to be healthy. Work on your intentions - see Bernie Siegel's empower hour. Laugh a lot together.

Lipomas are the body's way of detoxing so can be hard to resolve completely with holistic approaches. As you did, only do surgery if they impede activity. Even Amy and Nancy of Tall Grass Acupressure had to eventually remove one in their 13 year old Lab. They did acupressure from when he first got them at age 3 or so.

With the multiple issues and decreased quality of life, I would start immediately working with a veterinarian trained in homeopathy, great Chinese medicine and also try some chiropractic as support. Many vets offer multiple other holistic treatments, even virtually.

Go to How to Select an Integrative Holistic Veterinarian - Holistic Actions! for a great article explaining why you need to go to all the different modalities websites and what to be looking for. If you still are not sure, use your 15 min Q/A live session with Dr. Jeff or myself.

Be sure you have taken the Holistic Health for Pets 101 class, too.

Then, under member library, click on the boxes for aging, cancer/tumors, ears, homeopathy, vitality & balance and do a search for "energy medicine".

Dr. Chambreau
Thank you so much Dr Chambreau, I will immediately start looking for a homeopathic provider in the area. And will bring in more positive light energy as well as your other recommendations. Thank you 🙏🏼

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Unlikely to find a homeopathic provider in your area, though possible. When you read the article on finding holistic, you may get a great chinese medicine one, or a general holistic and then use a homeopathic one virtually.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom