• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Kitten vomiting

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi @Dr. Jeff, @Dr. Christina and @Dr. Jean Hofve,

Further to my thread here: Kitten Diarrhea

My kitten "Pipi" continued to have loose/soft stool since my last post on Tuesday (6/11) and had form stool once in between. And tonight (6/15), she vomited three times - first, it was brown liquid with some undigested food, then liquid and with the last vomit of white foam and some yellow liquid (bile?). Since then, her BEAM dropped - lethargic and no interest in food and water. There's no change in diet or lifestyle but she may have gotten into something she shouldn't - I found a piece of caulking that was chewed off of the bottom of the toilet.

I have been rubbing flower essence digestive woes (by Green Hope Farm) on her, diffused yesterday Animaleo's GI Goe, and just now put her on a PEMF mat.

Is there anything else I can do? I'm very worried about her. I tried giving her water and bone broth but she wouldn't have it. Please help. Thank you.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Pipi's continued GI challenges Christine.
Is there anything else I can do? I'm very worried about her.
Yes! With these symptoms along with a drop in BEAM she needs a vet exam and possibly an x-ray.

Please also remind me what you have been feeding her and what you have tried recently aside from bone broth?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
I'm sorry to hear about Pipi's continued GI challenges Christine.

Yes! With these symptoms along with a drop in BEAM she needs a vet exam and possibly an x-ray.

Please also remind me what you have been feeding her and what you have tried recently aside from bone broth?
She’s on all kinds of raw food blends with bone broth and goat milk. Supplements wise, she gets fiber detox, via biome, pet ion biome, Rx clay, adored beast phyto synergy and organ powders of various kinds - not all are given in one setting.

Any recommendations on food? Cooked food? She turns away from her raw food.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
she’s playing a bit but still refuses food - I offered her hard boiled egg. Mason is on his way to the store getting some canned cat food she liked - by ZiwiPeak. Anything else we can try?

Should I try giving her water and or bone broth via syringe?

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
We gave her ZiwiPeak chicken canned cat food and she ate a little and now she's playing. We have also reached out to Dr Gordon's to see if we could bring her in tomorrow for an exam.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Any recommendations on food? Cooked food?
Yes! Some cooked and pureed chicken should go down well.

ZiwiPeak canned and air-dried foods are also great.

I'm glad you called Dr. Gordon's in case she is not back to herself by tomorrow.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Yes! Some cooked and pureed chicken should go down well.

ZiwiPeak canned and air-dried foods are also great.

I'm glad you called Dr. Gordon's in case she is not back to herself by tomorrow.
She just asked for food but ate a little bit (1/2 plate of what was offered) but this is a good sign.
She's so skinny (skin and bone) :(
We will get her some plain rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods (it was Hope's favorite).
As for Dr. Gordon, we'll bring her in nevertheless for fluid. What do you think?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Yes, it sounds like the more she can eat the better (if she can keep it down).

Let's see what Dr. Gordon says about she may need.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Yes, it sounds like the more she can eat the better (if she can keep it down).

Let's see what Dr. Gordon says about she may need.
I'm thankful to report that all is well ... Dr. Gordon said Pipi acts and looks very healthy. Even though she feels very skinny to me, he said it's normal 🤔 . He also checked the usual - listened to her heart and lung, checked her gum and teeth...etc. :)

She got subQ fluid at the clinic today.

Since we got home, she's asked for food multiple times so she's eating quite a bit!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wonderful! I'm so glad that she is doing better.

I'm also very glad that Dr. Gordon felt that everything was OK.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom