• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

IMHA

JoelleC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi, Very happy to be here. My old dog Douddy is about 14 yr and suffers IMHA for more than one year. He had a splenectomy due to anemia in February this year and after 3 months he experiences low rbcs. His only treatment from my local vet is using steroid which is not a solution as his skin started to have serious problem. So I want to look into homeopathy to find a solution for him. Are there remedies for his case? Should I stop conventional drugs as soon as I start homeopathic treatment?

Douddy is having the following drugs:

- Urso 100mg

- Prolivrin 150mg

- Slow theo 300mg

- Enalapril 20mg

- Prednisolone 5mg

- Azathioprine 50mg

He can barely walk these days, must feel tired but he has very good appetite and still enjoys going out

I enclosed his latest blood test results for reference and look forward to your advices.

Thanks,

Joelle

Attachments

• Douddy Bloodwork.pdf
    124.3 KB · Views: 0

HA! Support

Administrator
All-Access Member
Registered
Hi, @JoelleC , Aruna here from Holistic Actions! support - thank you for your questions and sorry to hear about Douddy's struggles. Kudos to you for looking for holistic alternatives!
Just wanted to note that our veterinarians can't diagnose or treat your dog (including homeopathic medicine), but they can hold your hand and help you understand what to look for as you go through this process and work with a homeopath and your veterinarian. Homeopathic remedies are usually prescribed to address the individual animal's energetic imbalance, not a certain condition or symptom alone. That's why it's important to get a proper evaluation. However, I'm sure @Dr. Jeff and @Dr. Christina can help you feel confident on your next steps.
In the meantime I recommend you look at our happiness protocol (click here) since many of the steps are easy to implement any time, and it can start supporting Douddy's body on his way to healing now. All the best!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Joelle-

I'm super happy that you found us! Welcome to HA!

re there remedies for his case? Should I stop conventional drugs as soon as I start homeopathic treatment?
Great questions! Yes, where there is a vital force (life) there is hope and homeopathic medicines to help him heal.

As Aruna pointed out, these remedies are ideally individualized to all of his symptoms and not just the IMHA diagnosis.

IMHO, the key is to increase his cellular energy (which you can start doing with the Happiness Protocol, Therapeutic Sniff Walks, using snuffle mats, etc.).

What does he eat (and did you ever try freeze-dried chicken/turkey hearts)?

JoelleC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Joelle-

I'm super happy that you found us! Welcome to HA!

Great questions! Yes, where there is a vital force (life) there is hope and homeopathic medicines to help him heal.

As Aruna pointed out, these remedies are ideally individualized to all of his symptoms and not just the IMHA diagnosis.

IMHO, the key is to increase his cellular energy (which you can start doing with the Happiness Protocol, Therapeutic Sniff Walks, using snuffle mats, etc.).

What does he eat (and did you ever try freeze-dried chicken/turkey hearts)?
Thank you Dr. Jeff for your reply. Douddy is having 2 meals per day, and I have stopped all commercial pet food and cook him fresh meals with beef, green vegetables (iron supply), black beans, rice and sweet potatoes. In terms of homeopathic support, what can I do to help him gaining more energy? Can I get him homeopathic medicines?

Thanks,
Joelle

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Joelle. It's my honor and pleasure to help in any way. ?❤️

I think now is a better time to focus on building up his vitality/energy so his body can heal. Many of the same strategies also help his body balance the energy in the same way that homeopathy (which ideally will be chosen by an expert vet homeopath) does.

The very first ting to do, if you haven't already, is to start using a snuffle mat for at least 5 minutes 4 a day.

If he's able to use it outside (or go for a sniffari walk) that's even better.

Is he taking any liver supportive (or other) supplements?

Here's one with liver support and much more:

JoelleC

All-Access Member
Registered
You're welcome Joelle. It's my honor and pleasure to help in any way. ?❤️

I think now is a better time to focus on building up his vitality/energy so his body can heal. Many of the same strategies also help his body balance the energy in the same way that homeopathy (which ideally will be chosen by an expert vet homeopath) does.

The very first ting to do, if you haven't already, is to start using a snuffle mat for at least 5 minutes 4 a day.

If he's able to use it outside (or go for a sniffari walk) that's even better.

Is he taking any liver supportive (or other) supplements?

Here's one with liver support and much more:

Thanks Dr. Jeff for your reply. He is having daily sniffari walk, and we want him to walk under the sun for Vit D intake. He has been given Prolivrin and Urso as liver support by our local vet. Are they good to him? Should we keep giving him both drugs? Also he has been taking Enalapril for his heart (he used to have heartworm) and Slow-theo, should we keep giving these drugs to Douddy as well? Are these drugs compatible with homeopathic medicines?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom