• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hypochlorous acid for inexpensive skin and ear treatment

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @everyone!

I just read an interesting vet article about treatment for stubborn bacteria and yeast ear "infections".

It concluded that a .015% Hypochlorous acid solution was safe and effective for use in ears (and skin).

This is readily available and is very affordable.

Hypochlorous acid may smell like, but is not the same as bleach:

One warning tho is that eliminating any symptom while not addressing the underlying energetic imbalance can cause worse problems.

For example, I know several people (and I bet @GinnyW knows even more ;) ) who have used the "Purple Power" gentian violet home prepared ear treatment which got rid of the ear problem. Only to have something even more serious crop up.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Oh, gosh, yes! ...Starting with us, about a hundred years ago. My first dog - my teacher dog - suffered mightily from ear issues for years.
Ears are a wonderful barometer of chronic impairment: superficial, sensitive and easy to observe and treat with homeopathic consideration of the entire presentation. As such, symptoms will be early to appear and perhaps last to resolve as the case is managed.
Don't get me started on how cruel and counterproductive ear cropping can be. In our breed it is common, especially in the show community. Makes me absolutely ill to contemplate, as breeders seem to treat it as a rite of passage and celebrate it.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom