• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Hyperthyroidism

T

taai02@comcast_net

Hello, not sure if this is where to post this but my 12 year old kitty has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, a heart murmur and elevated thyroid levels. He has been on raw, fresh food his entire life. I was hoping to figure out a homeopathic way to help him by joining this site but have been having a hard time, finding answers. Could anyone, point me in a direction to go, plz. I watched the webinar on hypo/hyperthyroidism but it was more about prevention. I’m not sure if this is where to post this but I’m hoping, THANKYOU!!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This is a perfect place to post! And thanks for posting.

Since homeopathy, by definition, works with his body, it is 99% dependent on the specific details about each individual's symptoms. Any physiologic change can be a symptom.

Therefore, many details will be needed to help homeopathically (which means working along with his body) and not against it allopathically.

Take a look at <a href="https://www.holisticactions.com/exactly-record-talking-pet/" rel="noopener" target="_blank">this article</a>. It should help you observe you kitty and his symptoms in such a way as to figure out what to do.

You should also review the hyperthyroidism client handout from Dr. Morgan.

Then you can post the symptoms that you described symptoms here.

Dr. Jeff

AnneH

All-Access Member
Registered
I also came looking for a homeopathic way to help my cat with hyperthyroidism. We are well past the prevention stage. Dr. Jeff, you suggested three actions in your post above. The first is an inactive link, I think, but I believe it refers to a list of observations to make about one's cat, which I have read on this site and done. You mention Dr. Morgan's hyperthyroidism client handout, which I searched for online and in this forum but I couldn't find it. You suggest posting cat's symptoms in this forum. I pulled the following list of symptoms from an article at vcahospitals.com:
"What are the clinical signs of hyperthyroidism?
The typical cat with hyperthyroidism is middle aged or older; the average age of affected cats is approximately 12 years. Only about 5% of hyperthyroid cats are younger than 10 years of age.

The most common clinical sign of hyperthyroidism is weight loss due to the increased rate of metabolism despite an increased appetite. Affected cats are often restless, and may become cranky or aggressive. They may have increased water consumption and urination. It is also common for hyperthyroid cats to exhibit increased vocalizing, particularly at night. They may develop periodic vomiting or diarrhea, and fur may appear unkempt. In some cats, anorexia develops as the disease progresses."

My cat is approximately 15 now, which puts her at about 12 -13 when she started developing symptoms. She has exhibited all of the symptoms above, with the possible exception of anorexia, but she sometimes can't/won't eat even when she's hungry, sometimes because she is picky about the food,(her favorites are not the healthiest); sometimes she won't eat after she's vomited, and sometimes she won't if she's needing to poop. Sometimes, depending on the food, she has trouble because of mouth/dental issues. She was constipated during and a long time after the adenoma developed and we regulated the constipation with a couple of enemas, Miralax and then psyllium. Now that she is mostly without psyllium her stools are usually soft-formed, they became soft-formed and sticky, sometimes very wet but not puddles, and sometimes they are accompanied by a small puddle of clear liquid. They are mostly pale in color, sometimes with a thin, mucousy medium brown coating.

Are these enough symptoms to point me towards helpful homeopathic treatments?

Thank you for your time and attention.
Best, Anne

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom