• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How To Organize Hope's (or any pet's) Symptoms for Homeopathic Treatment

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This forum thread was originally intended for @ChristineL but might be useful for anyone who wants to work with nature, and there pet's symptoms, which are clues to the internal imbalances that can lead to dis-eases.

In Hope's case, she is an older pup who was rescued earlier this year. She's a real sweetie (maybe Christine will share some pics or stories) with lots of symptoms.

One of the times that Christine and I spoke, I mentioned that despite all of Hope's symptoms that more information would be needed to treat her constitutionally (vs. acutely where the new prominent symptoms are often enough).

So we decided to wait and watch, but Hope has now been with Christine for almost nine months.

Now might be, if Christine feels that it's time to push forward, to organize her astute observations of the clues that Hope's body has been giving us about the internal imbalance that is causing all of her symptoms.

Christine, since we already have a great background on Hope's "backstory" and who she was when adopted, perhaps start this phase of your work that will be along with her body's symptoms (homeo-pathic) and not against them (anti-pathic) with who she is right now, and how she has changed since she came to you.

The key is to find out more about what is characteristic to Hope rather than common responses to environmental stimuli, lifestyle changes, etc.

This might be a great place to use the 4 Ps to organize the many (and sometimes overwhelming) pieces.

Start with details about those symptoms which have persisted the longest. For example every other day her usual well-formed stool that doesn't have any odor and passes easily becomes...

Then move on to the symptoms which have been most prominent (especially if they persist). For example, every few weeks she wakes overnight to vomit ~1 cup of fluid full of blood clots, or...

Very important are those symptoms which are most problematic (both to her and you). Things that might be limiting the freedom and flexibility of a happy and well balanced life. For example, around the full moon she turns into a vicious Cujo and tries to bit everyone around her, or...

The last P is also one of the most characteristic of her individuality and is a favorite of homeopaths (who treat based on individuality). Especially if these symptoms include any of the other Ps. This one is peculiar, such as an asthmatic-type cough that comes on when she comes inside where it's warm, quiet and cozy (and where you may have air filters running to reduce allergens.

In your timeline/writeup, be sure to include the results of any vet exams, diagnostic tests, etc.

You can find lots of other awe-some details in @Dr. Christina's Health Animal journal and she may have more to add about what I wrote.

Have fun thinking about this and I look forward to our next recheck! INFOGRAPHICS 4 p's.jpeg

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff – Thank you so much for starting this thread; both Hope and I feel so honored. Thank you too for providing Hope’s backstory as well as detailed guidance on how we can proceed from this point on. For more info on Hope, here’s a link to a thread I started on her in June 2021: Seeking individualized remedy for pup with constant diarrhea

As Dr. Jeff mentioned, Hope came to us January of this year (2021) and it’s evident that she’s been through quite a lot. It is my goal that she is spoiled beyond her expectations and imagination.

[PERSISTENT] Symptoms which persisted the longest: Soft Stool, regurgitating/gulping, stomach gurgling…However, these problems have recently being resolved by a few tweaks we made to her diet – adding Dr. Jeff’s Fiber Detox and Moringa as well as giving her Throat Coat when she's gulping lots. (Thanks for the suggestion during the webinar, @Dr. Sara and @Dr. Christina ).

However, she still gets frequent, but not daily, stomach gurgling, especially between the hours of 2am and 4am. Gurgling sometimes is resolved by rubbing GI Goe (AnimalEO) on her tummy. She’s been having well-formed firm stool with occasional drops of soft stool in the end. But overall, so far so good. [Please note that she gets snuffle session between 8pm and 9pm daily…not sure the gurgling has to do with the timing of her digestion of treats she gets during the snuffle sessions.]

I also wanted to add that she has a slight enlarged heart as another persistent symptom. [Latest cardiology report attached.]

[PROMINENT] Once in a few weeks, she vomits water and/or undigested food in the morning. [We would then refrain her from food for a few hours and by late afternoon, she would bounce back and asks for food.]

[PROBLEMATIC] She barks at everyone who passes by our window, where she likes to look out from. However, she does not bark at them (same folks and dogs) when she’s out of the house. At night, her barking is triggered by sounds (on tv, cars outside...etc.). I've been using, for the past few weeks, various flower essences (Bach's flowers and Green Hope Farm) but they don't seem to be helping. I'm waiting for a bottle by Jackson Galaxy to arrive.

[PECULIAR] Does not like her tail to be handled. Rubs her face on the floor or with her paws often, which I’ve never seen before in my previous dog, Koby. Seek cold; She doesn’t like hot weather. Extremely fearful of thunderstorm. She loves belly rubs – as soon as she senses that your hand is near, she would lay on her back for belly rubs. She makes “cooing” sound when she’s being rubbed. All in all, she’s a very happy and loving dog when she’s with us (my mom, husband and me). She still keeps a distance from other humans. She pees after she’s satisfied with her meal. She has “drinking problem” – she does not drink water. She likes to approach other dogs but when approached and sniffed once, she runs away. She likes to go for walks (more so than months ago) and sniff, as well as being in her stroller.

I hope I’ve done a good job providing useful and descriptive information (symptoms) without bombarding you with too much details. Please let me know if there’s anything I can provide here.

Last but not least, here are three photos of our brave girl Hope!

Hope Yellow Flower.jpg

99F30696-9E4C-445A-8BA5-827638A1FAC5.jpg

76E0B27B-4516-463A-9080-4D8C0263F8F8.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for the awe-some HMDM 2 info. Christine!

If I remember correctly (her records are not in front of me), Hope's cardiology report and echo. are around the same as the last recheck.

All of the data is very important (but not equally so).

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
Thanks for the awe-some HMDM 2 info. Christine!

If I remember correctly (her records are not in front of me), Hope's cardiology report and echo. are around the same as the last recheck.

All of the data is very important (but not equally so).
Thanks, @Dr. Jeff - Hope's cardiology appointment was after our last re-check :)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sure!

I guess I mis-rembered that she had one before this.

ChristineL

All-Access Member
Registered
You're correct - the visit to Dr. D was Hope's second echocardiogram ;) - no change in heart size.

We have a 15-min call tomorrow - I will address a "new' symptom I noticed of hers recently - coughing but in different context. Talk soon.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom