• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How to clean popular outdoor poop area?

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello! Sorry ahead of time if this is TMI :)

Tater Tot has been having a good amount of liquid poop. She often poops outback -I have a small patio surrounded by rocks.

When she has liquid poop, we try to pick up some of the rocks but mostly just pour lots of soapy water on it to dilute it. This has attracted a lot of flies.

I didn't want to clean the area with anything that would bother Tater Tot but recently she seems unhappy with the lingering smells outback (we can't smell it but she can!)...so now I want to clean the area so she isn't bothered by the poopy smell and flies.

Any thoughts? I was thinking a mixture of viengar and water and maybe some essential oils. Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this? Any suggestions?

Thank you!!

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
As this odous control problem is on rocks, you have lots of options! I would suggest 50 - 50 white vinegar and water with a few drops of soap in it. (A/C vinegar is actually attractive to some flies and is used in fly traps). The soap ensures that the vinegar adheres to any fatty constituents. Use more solution than you think you need and liberally treat the whole area.
Next, AnimalEO and other essential oil companies carry essential oil blends for cleaning which you can mix up to follow the vinegar treatment. Alternatively, you can spritz with a safe odour control product like PureAyre: Odor eliminator PureAyre eliminates cat, pet, smoke, skunk, cigars, gasoline, cooking and musty odors
Happy Poop Patrol!
Dr. Sara

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom