• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

How long will a homeopathic dose last?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

I just had an interchange that I'd like to share.

It was about the treatment of two different dogs.

One with an acute ear (aural) hematoma.

The other with some chronic behavior issues.

One received Sulphur. The other Aconite.

Aconite was mistakenly written, in the the 1 week update, instead of Sulphur.

Here's the summary of the thread (which followed evaluation of a full update):

guardian: "Should I redose his Aconite"

Me: "Are you sure that he received Aconite and not Sulphur 30c?"

reply: "No, it was Sulphur"

I said: "Please then do not dose Aconite. Do you know why"

And the great (but partial) reply was: "Overall his BEAM is good. He is happy, relaxed and overall seeming to be doing ok.
He still shows some anxiety when we get home (and today in the office at work) but he is calming down.
So I tend to think this is good and doesn't need a dose."

Me again: "Correct (partially)!

It’s also based on the knowledge of the action of the homeopathic medicines (which hopefully you’re learning over time).

Aconite is often used for patients with acute and inflammatory problems, fears, fevers, coughs, sudden fears, etc. It's often indicated for patients who might also need Belladonna. Which one is chosen is based on the context (the individual symptoms, pace of dis-ease, etc.).

Because of the severity of the dis-eases for which it is often used, it’s action (and the body’s counter action) get “used up” relatively quickly.

Thus it is considered a “short-acting” remedy (vs. Sulphur).

In fact, MD homeopath J. Compton Burnett includes some great Aconite anecdotes in his wonderful little book called "50 Reasons to Be a Homeopath. He  writes about an experiment where 1/2 of a ward (people with fever) were treated with Aconite. The other half was not.

Guess which group got better faster? You can read the chapter (at another site) by <a href="http://alanfreestone.com/50-reasons-for-being-a-homeopath-part-1/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">clicking here</a>.

But Aconite can also be used for chronic dis-eases. Just not as often (especially when compared to Sul).

Sulphur on the other hand is called the “king of the antipsorics”. Which basically means that treats lots of imbalances.

In general, deep-acting remedies (like Sul) get dosed less often."

guardian: "Great, thanks! I tend not to think too much to avoid dosing mistakes. I never want to screw up the dogs if I can help it."

My reply that ends the thread: "Whenever you are unsure of dosing, always use the sacred paws.

Except in potentially life-threatening dis-eases."

So the <strong>bottom line is that different homeopathic medicines act differently in different individual dis-eases.</strong> Otherwise known as...

"It depends."

Does that make sense?

Dr. Jeff

&nbsp;

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom